No connection to internet

MrHMMD

yarez0
1 hour ago, MrHMMD said:@Luke is there anything new?

Just see that you have wan address in your dashboard, i think that you also have ssl configuration in your server (can’t read german)

try to desactivate it ? Disable ssl and external (wan) access, keep your emby locally at first step. 

if you want external access i can guide you, i wrote a guideline in another topic to create external access to a synology and all the embeded apps through https in only 443 port and secured by ssl certificate (no external firewall block at all because off the only 443 port)

JSopha
45 minutes ago, yarez0 said:

Just see that you have wan address in your dashboard, i think that you also have ssl configuration in your server (can’t read german)

try to desactivate it ? Disable ssl and external (wan) access, keep your emby locally at first step. 

if you want external access i can guide you, i wrote a guideline in another topic to create external access to a synology and all the embeded apps through https in only 443 port and secured by ssl certificate (no external firewall block at all because off the only 443 port)

46 minutes ago, yarez0 said:

How can it be that everyone here suddenly has this same problem after the last emby version update??? There are A LOT of users with this exact problem all of a sudden! Where is the guidance and or/fix that you mention??

• Like 1

MrHMMD
7 hours ago, yarez0 said:

@yarez0 NO... ssl isnt enabled. and wan access is disabled on the synology server itselve and in emby also. the wan adress is just a readout from the router.

QUESTION: why can't an older version be offered for download to temporarily work around this problem?

Q-Droid

Does Emby on Synology include its own CA bundle in the package and has anyone checked to see if it's there and current/valid?

On EL7/EL8 the bundle is under /opt/emby-server/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt. If it's the same or similar for Synology then you might be able to get the bundle from a working installation and replace the file as a workaround. The file is merely a trust store with the CA roots for outbound SSL/TLS connections.

Please disregard if someone tried this already.

Edited by Q-Droid

MrHMMD
On 7/8/2020 at 2:42 PM, Q-Droid said:

Does Emby on Synology include its own CA bundle in the package and has anyone checked to see if it's there and current/valid?

i am not a professional when it comes to certificates

On 7/8/2020 at 2:42 PM, Q-Droid said:

If it's the same or similar for Synology then you might be able to get the bundle from a working installation and replace the file as a workaround

and where do I get a working installation from???

and by the way this is an intervention that goes pretty close to the system. that can't be the point of the fact that i have to do a course about ssh, unix and certificates to get a program to run ...

Q-Droid

Just trying to contribute to the conversation. The Emby devs can answer my first question. Others who understand what the rest means can try it if applicable. If this does identify a problem then a fix can be released to those with the issue.

Edited by Q-Droid

yarez0

Hi guys, busy those days. To clarify i made a guideline to secure different access, it is user friendly but a little bit tricky for « mister everyone »

just try to help @MrHMMD

MrHMMD
1 hour ago, yarez0 said:

just try to help

hi @yarez0

thank you for your answer. i'm sure you mean well. but you didn't understand the problem.
my emby cannot connect TO THE OUTSIDE to load cover and media data. the problem is NOT to access emby from the outside!

greets

JSopha
4 minutes ago, MrHMMD said:

hi @yarez0

thank you for your answer. i'm sure you mean well. but you didn't understand the problem.
my emby cannot connect TO THE OUTSIDE to load cover and media data. the problem is NOT to access emby from the outside!

greets

Ditto for me. Moreover, it all worked fine until that last Emby software update.

yarez0
2 hours ago, MrHMMD said:

hi @yarez0

greets

Understood but as I thought I see external external access my guideline was in this purpose. 
 In a system like synology with multiple embeded apps some ports can block access if used by another embeded app or process so we had to determine if some process block anything, as I undersood, I can’t help you more, we have get help from @Luke . 

Baldman6

I also have this problem now. No Metadata downloading for newly added files either. Version 4.4.3.0

708534559_Annotation2020-07-09175547.png.abc237052609ed0f389b8c66884f266a.png

Annotation 2020-07-09 175547.png

Edited by Baldman6
added to may pics

MrHMMD

@Luke

the problem seems to be spreading or is being noticed more and more by others.

therefore now the direct question to you @Luke again:
is it possible to download an older version prior to 4.4.3.0? just as a workaround until this problem is solved with 4.4.3.0 ...

i would appreciate it if i could get an answer to this repeatedly asked question. and if it's a NO ... but ignoring the question is not helpful and kind of frustrating on the user side ...

thanks

MrHMMD
22 minutes ago, Saarfranzos said:

Have the same problem also with version 4.4.2.0....

Ok. what is the next version before 4.4.2.0? I'll take the one that works ... 😀

zhekozhekov

Hi. I am new, but decided to comment and contribute. I also confirm, that the Emby no longer fetches the metadata for a month or so. 
System is Synology DS112+ with DSM version 6.2.3. (CPU MARVELL Kirkwood 88F6282)
Emby Version 4.4.3.0

I read all the posts and I consider the issue to be caused by the latest emby version 4.4.3.0 since all my movies and tv shows were updating the metadata a month ago, as I have made no changes to the DiskStation or router. 
I found an older Synology SPK of the Emby, version 4.4.1.0 here:
https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/issues/47

I tried to replace with the current version 4.4.3.0, but a message with a no-rollback-possible showed up. I presume it will require a clean install. 
If anyone is willing to test a clean install, please, confirm whether the metadata fetching is working.  
Thanks. 

Clipboard01.jpg

MrHMMD
56 minutes ago, zhekozhekov said:

If anyone is willing to test a clean install, please, confirm whether the metadata fetching is working.  

thanks for this Information

i'll tried to install it on my clean system and the result was: "This package is not supported on the DiskStation platform or is not compatible with the current DSM version"

i have already expected something similar, since the file name contains "xpenology", and that is probably a difference to synology.

zhekozhekov
8 minutes ago, MrHMMD said:

thanks for this Information

i'll tried to install it on my clean system and the result was: "This package is not supported on the DiskStation platform or is not compatible with the current DSM version"

i have already expected something similar, since the file name contains "xpenology", and that is probably a difference to synology.

My fault. I should have noticed it before posting the link. Here it's explained what XPEnology is:

https://xpenology.club/

Anyways. Whoever is with a standard Synology NAS will not be able to install it, obviously. 

MrHMMD

@zhekozhekov

can happen...

I'm grateful for every tip and incentive.

but that the admins / developers don't comment on this topic at all is really frustrating ...

zhekozhekov
1 minute ago, MrHMMD said:

@zhekozhekov

can happen...

I'm grateful for every tip and incentive.

but that the admins / developers don't comment on this topic at all is really frustrating ...

I want to thank you, and the other guys posting about the problem here. Really sad no devs give a solution or an older version links. 

I was about to uninstall the Emby from the NAS this morning and start from scratch assigning the folders. That would mean 2 days fine-tuning of the watched/unwatched, subs, manual cover uploading, etc. 

Hope Emby will find a solution soon.    

MrHMMD
On 7/14/2020 at 12:37 PM, zhekozhekov said:

Really sad no devs give a solution or an older version links.

or something simple, like an answer to a directly asked question ...

Saarfranzos

Hi, a first big step to solve the problem. Identifying a movie has been successful this morning. Great! A rescan of the whole database not... 

And now the rescan works also for me.

Edited by Saarfranzos

MrHMMD
4 hours ago, Saarfranzos said:

And now the rescan works also for me

and how did you solve the problem?

Saarfranzos
1 hour ago, MrHMMD said:

and how did you solve the problem?

I'm not quite shure. there has been different causes. First Ifound that I had a wrong dns-server information 😌 in my synology. Then I reinstalled the metadata-scrapers, first without result. And then in two steps I could rescan the database. No idea, if the Emby-guys have changed something in the system. Good luck for your rescan...