Is there a way within Fire TV and Android apps to group collections while showing solo movies

Mad Man with a Blue Box
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Mad Man with a Blue Box

I find myself at a loss and cannot find any information about it anywhere, not sure what to search for but none of my searches are coming up with anything.

Currently I can choose to show all and it shows each individual movie which is horrible or I can choose to show collections which groups movies I have added to collections and shows them as such but doesn't show individual movies that don't have a collection, I also see stuff for folders, genres, etc. which are not what I want either.

The ideal view would be to show covers for all individual movies that are not part of a collection alongside the covers for each of the collections created.

What would be the easiest way to go about setting this up in the various apps or is it not possible? 

In the web browser this works perfectly, I see the default selection is set to movies and both collections and those that are just solo movies all display together nicely.

But in the apps with the same account and settings all I can do is have it show all movies or just collections with no solo movies.

Any suggestions?

Hi.  Are you going to the "Collections" tab?  If so, that is only going to show you collections.

If you wish to show your movies grouped into collections in the "Movies" tab, then open the "..." menu and check that option.

Does that answer your question?

Mad Man with a Blue Box

I figured out what was wrong.

I had advanced tabbed view selected rather than basic grid.

Once I selected the basic grid view it then allowed me to check the group into collections option and the Movies tab appeared as default and now everything looks just fine.

Thanks

21 hours ago, Mad Man with a Blue Box said:

I had advanced tabbed view selected rather than basic grid.

That setting would not affect the ability to group your collections but I'm glad you have it working how you like.

Mad Man with a Blue Box

With that setting selected the tabs at the top of the screen on Fire TV change from Movies and Folders to a whole bunch of other tabs for All, Genre Collections, etc. and as such the Movies tab isn't there, so you can only select All which shows individual movie covers with no grouping and or you can select collections which doesn't show any solo movies only those grouped into collections.

But with the basic grid view selected you can get to the Movies tab and can access and set the setting to group into collections if they belong to one and then it shows correctly for both aspects.

Edited by Mad Man with a Blue Box

• Solution
11 minutes ago, Mad Man with a Blue Box said:

so you can only select All which shows individual movie covers with no grouping

Hi.  Did you open the "..." menu on that view?

image.png

• Like 1

Mad Man with a Blue Box

Yeah that took care of it now, not sure what was going wrong before but after going back to basic and getting it looking right then switching back to enhanced tab it all works fine now.

Edited by Mad Man with a Blue Box