When playing a movie with a DTS audio track and selecting passthrough, the playback is not smooth@mibox s

lottelucky

lottelucky

Problem Description:

When using the EMBY for android tv version to play DTSX and other audio tracks and select straight-through playback, the playback freezes: after every 10 seconds of playback, the screen will freeze for 3-4 seconds.

However, if the audio playback in the EMBY setting is changed to "downmix to stereo", the playback is smooth and there is no freeze, but the amplifier cannot be resolved to DTS multi-channel playback.

Device: mibox s

App: AndroidTv 1.8.00g

Amplifier: Onkyo 636

Server: 4.5.0.13 @ Synology DS716+II

The attachment is the corresponding log file, which can be consulted by the engineer during investigation.

ffmpeg-transcode-c5ff4833-a498-479b-b165-6cab96670dca_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-5b770f2f-87a6-418e-995a-066b0d797b3a_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-4f9608ce-a6ab-4371-aeb1-8084a02caf08_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-49b5bf65-e03a-471e-8ed5-1a27f39a7877_1.txt

Edited by lottelucky

Hi.  A playback error is occurring when we try to play with the DTS-HD audio so then it has to fall back to transcoding and you have PGS subs that have to be burned in. Your server is simply not powerful enough to handle this task.

The Mi does not support DTS-HD (which this track is).  We attempt to pass it through but it fails.

Either turning off the subs (if not needed) or obtaining text-based ones would probably solve this issue for you.

lottelucky

Thank you for your reply.

In your reply, I have the following confusion:

1. You said that MIBOX S does not support DTS-HD pass-through. In fact, during 10 seconds of smooth playback, the amplifier shows DTS decoding (maybe degraded decoding, but in fact the solution is normally decoded into DTS), And I can hear the decoded multi-channel;

2. I installed KODI on MIBOX at the same time, and opened KODI to pass through DTS-HD and other audio tracks. The power amplifier can indeed passthrough the decoding normally, and whether it is the picture or the subtitles, they are displayed normally and smoothly, without any lag. .

I think our EMBY for androidtv has some optimization possibilities, and I urge engineers to solve this problem as much as possible.