Access to media/emby issues

cappa.dot

cappa.dot

In the last few days I have noticed the following errors with my Synology setup and Emby.

1. "Check for application updates failed" emailed to me and an error log
  2. Failure to delete TV episodes or entire folders giving me the message "There was an error deleting the item from Emby Server. Please check that Emby Server has write access to the media folder and try again."

I don't believe I have changed anything in my setup for this to start happening and I have checked that embysvr in Synology has Read/Write for everything however if I disable embysvr in Synology Emby continues to work fine which i find very strange. I have noticed that when I try and change a TV image it will not let either however for movies this is fine and they are located on the same shared drive, one under Movies folder and the other TV Shows.

Hi, regarding deletion, this sounds like emby server does not have delete priveliges to your media folders. If you can resolve that then that should resolve the delete problem.

cappa.dot

I have just found out that folders created before my recent uninstall and install of Emby had permission issues despite me setting a global setting. I had to apply to all sub folders from within the file explorer to force a refresh on file attributes over the shared drive attribute if that makes sense.

Thanks for the quick response though Luke, cheers mate.