Is there a tool to detect and delete duplicates?

tdiguy

tdiguy

I am aware of the setting to not recorde duplicate episodes. But is there a tool or a add on to help detect and delete duplicate episodes? I have looked at my library briefly and it seems my wife never uses the option to not record duplicates. 

• 2 weeks later...

Nope.

What I'll do a few times a year is export my database movie/show names and then search for dupes to look at.

tdiguy

I found some information online that while its not the most accurate way to delete duplicates it works well. I am on a linux based systems so i am using the find command to show me possible duplicates and delete them. For example: find . -type f -name "* - 7.mp4" and then sudo find . -type f -name "* - 6.mp4" -exec rm -f {} \; This method does rely heavily on emby's naming convention and on emby recognizing the episode and such. If everything goes well emby itself recognizes duplicates by changing the name to - 1 - 2 and such. Course when something isnt properly recognized the file has the date in it rather than season and episode, so that makes it much harder and i havent tackled that. On the bright side this little cleanup just freed up about 600 gigs of space on my server.

seanbuff
On 7/5/2020 at 2:24 AM, neik said:

EmbyStats has some kind of duplicate detection if I am not mistaken.

It does, and can confirm it works quite well.

reggi

EmbyStat can calculate dupicates but I need to fix some bugs in it because it can give you false positives. If you have a movie transcoded into multiple bitrates it will also be picked up as duplicates for example. So I need to create a system where the user can flag the movie as a false positive so it's no longer displayed in the duplicate table.