Easiest way to pre-process file names before metainfo fetching

Palmtop

Palmtop

I started to use Emby in a docker container on a Synology NAS, and so far I am very happy with it. The only drawback is, that when I am adding movies, they are not recognized and metadata is not downloaded. If I go to each movie, and select identify, enter the movie name and year, then it is recognized and the metadata information is downloaded.

In our collection the file naming conventions is as follows:

hungarian title - english title (year) 1080p.mkv, without additional folders.

I do not want to convert the whole collection according to the "Movie Naming" recommendation, we have been using this convention for pretty long time, and I am happy with it.

I would like to do something with a script instead of having to click trough my whole movie collection to get them recognized.

What would be the best solution for this?

My fist idea was to use the POST api from javascript and simply imitate the calls what happen when I do the identify, but I saw that there is a C# library to access Emby and there are also possibilities to do plugins. May be there is some setting, where I could simply adjust the filename to movie name conversion or may be there is already a ready script to do this? I have spent several hours trying to figure it out, but there are so many options, that I could not decide it by myself.

Please help me, to find the easiest solution.

I have experience with C#, javascript, php, python and shell script, so whatever solution is welcome.