Problem with library scanning

schnuff

Yes from https://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/

Once you have it set up it will give you a unique ID as well as one-session use only passcode.  Send me a private message here on the forum with the ID/passcode and I'll connect assuming you do this soon.  If you want to schedule this for a later time we can set up a time.

BTW, install the software on the computer you want me to connect to.  Typically your workstation or server.  If you typically connect to your server using RDC that's fine.  We just need to connect to the same computer you are at so we see the same thing.

Carlo

We got disconnected when I was trying to show you the permissions you need to set.

But basically you can fix this.  The user you are logged in as that's running Emby needs to have permissions for each and every library entry.

Just give full control to that user (or at least read access) and Emby should be able to scan the libraries.

Once you get that setup you can turn back on "watch" for the library (we turned that off).

Edited by cayars

fire up TeamViewer and send me new passcode and I'll connect back.

We got it figured out.  There was one movie causing trouble.

Through process of elimination we tried cut/paste a few movies from one directory to another and they did scan in on the "problem drive".

So now things are scanning in and he's setting up his library again.

Carlo

• Thanks 1

schnuff

Yes i've got everything up and running now, many thanks again!

I'll get an emby subscription now. 🙂

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Was there anything special about the movie that was causing the problem?

schnuff

I don't know what, but there was something special!

Kodi on my shield tv with the shares mounted in the shield would not find that file. Finaly i've mounted the folder with this file in kodi directly and it was found and could be watched.

On the vero4k there where no problem.

But i realy didn't figure out what the problem with the file was. Damned Captain Marvel...

One more thing:

I've made an emby subsription from the android app in google play store about 2 hours ago and i didn't receive an email from emby with the code. How long can this take?

Did you check your spam folder to make sure it didn't go there?

Carlo

• 1 month later...