Problem with library scanning

schnuff

schnuff

Hi,

i have a pc with win 10 and emby 4.4.3 running on it. There are 5 HDDs (V:/ - Z:/) and each of them contains a "movie" directory and a "tv-shows" directory.

All directorys are read to the library exept one, it's W:/Movies. W:/Tv-Shows is read without problems.

I've tried to read a single Movie from W:/Movies (All movies are listet in the dropdown menu when i add this directory) without success.

I've detached and reattched W:/Movies several times.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled emby server from my pc without success.

What's the problem here and how can it be solved?

@cayars

That seems to indicate something is different about this one drive compared to the others.

Just to make sure it's not the disc, try running CHKDSK against that drive to make sure there are no errors.

You will also want to make sure this drive has the same permissions for the Emby user (windows logged in user) for the media folders as one of the drives that does get read ok.

If you want to post a log file after doing a refresh library we can take a look to see what type of error if any is being reported.

schnuff

Well, the drive is okay, the tv-shows folder from that drive is reading just fine...🤔

Edited by schnuff

So it's just the W:\Movies directory then correct?

Upload a log file so we can take a look.

Happy2Play

Can you post a server log.  But I know there have been other topics where TV Show folder works and Movies does not and usually comes back to a permissions issue.

schnuff

How do i post a log from my mobile?

I could copy and paste the text!?

Edited by schnuff

I didn't see a library refresh in that log at all.

Try doing a library refresh then upload the txt file as is without converting to pdf please.

Carlo

Happy2Play

Sorry I am only seeing one library in log.

2020-06-18 00:34:01.859 Info LibraryMonitor: Filme (Z:\Filme) will be refreshed.

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

How did you set up the libraries on Dashboard-Library?  Still only seeing one library Z:\Filme

Hmm, this is running on Windows NT server with drive mappings looking like that?

What kind of server are the HDDs on?

Happy2Play

I am no expert on this but to me the optional network path could be the issue.  Most of the time I see Luke posting this.

My suggestion would be to mount the SMB path to a local path using the tools in the OS, then add that local path into Emby Server.

It's really confusing looking at it because it's showing as if it's already mounted at the OS level with drive letters but yet is showing SMB???

Happy2Play

I believe mount was added and then smb added in (Optional) Shared network folder.  If so i would remove the (Optional) Shared network folder: paths.

schnuff

The OS is Win 10 pro 64bit, not NT.

I've already tried adding W:\Filme without the optional smb- path (which actualy works, my kodis use these forever now...), but that didn't work also. I use it as shown in the picture with emby for kodi addon in direct mode and it works (only W:Filme doesn't work).

I came from Plex where all was good with this installation, but i like emby more and would love to stick with it.

So now i've added the directory W:Filme without smb path and removed the former path, than did a library scan- nothing happened... 😔 here's the log:

embyserver.txt

Edited by schnuff

Z:\Filme is still the only library showing up to be scanned.

Would you be up for a TeamViewer session so I can take a look at settings?

schnuff

Hmm, I'm not very familiar with TeamViewer, so i'm a little scared to let anybody i don't know on my pc...🥺

But i don't see why all my librarys work fine, i did it all in the same way. And even "W:Serien" works.

Happy2Play

Only other suggestion maybe trying a different folder path.

schnuff

Ok, i changed the path to "W/Media/Filme" with no effort...😑

And again, i don't understand why it scanns "W/Serien" with no problem at all.

I also don't get, why the log says that it is Win NT server and only "Z/Filme" is scanned.

I have a asus pn 40 mini pc with win 10 on it, the name of this computer is "SERVER" and it has 5 Western Digital USB HDDs attached.

Very strange...🤔

Edited by schnuff

I think you've said similar before but you logs say something different.

Does your log file show W/Serien being scanned? Z/Filme is the only thing your logs are showing as being scanned.

schnuff

All films and tv shows are in my library, except the movies from W/Filme.

When i put new films in V:/Filme, they appear in the library after a moment. It's the log that's wrong...

The log didn't even recognize my OS as Win10pro!

Edited by schnuff

That just doesn't seem likely.

I'd still like to arrange a TeamViewer session so we can take a look.  Just so you know, you have to be at the computer as you do the driving and we basically watch/look and communicate via built in chat.  We don't make changes to anything without permission nor transfer files etc but basically use it as real-time pic posting.

You have to be at the computer and you see everything we see as you mostly drive.

I'm not sure how to progress further without doing this especially if you think the logs are wrong as that's the main tool we have to look at in diagnostics.

Carlo