Would the New Server API Securities be causing me issues?

chef

chef

Perhaps I am slow on the up take, but would the new Server API securities be causing my ApiClient Object to be improperly built, or stopping the object from being built at all?

I am getting reports of NULL ApiClient objects being created, since yesterdays Server Update.  

@@ebr, how are you supplying the API security ID to the server for each User from MBClassic? 

Yeah, I am slow, I am a weekend coder here....

chef

Actually found the issue. I have batch formatted my code to quickly put certain variables into a structure, but it ended up batch formatting some wrong areas of the code.

Mental Note: "Don't batch reformat code... bad things will happen...."

Would still like to know of a link where I can find code examples for the new Api Securities.

for now just continue on using ApiClient and it will be fine.

once i've added the new security features to ApiClient, your app will have to do one of two things - preferably the user will supply you with an Api key that they generate from the server dashboard. Alternatively they can authenticate from your app but the api key is the preferred approach.

techywarrior

Is an entered API key the preferred way for all clients? I'm specifically thinking of the Chrome extension. Should I update to request the API key or authenticate with the app. Since the extension asks for a user login (since different users have different abilities in the extension) would that have any effect on which method to use?

Now that the new beta is out with the security I can work on the code right? If I request a security key I should get one and if I pass one in the header of my requests it will validate correct?

I'm not going to push an update of the extension until the new "add video via URL" API is ready unless that ends up taking a long time as there are some updates needed in the extension due to API changes that you made a while ago.

I'm sort of surprised that no one mentioned the issues to me since Google says 1000 people use the extension.

I'm not doing anything with the auth token stuff yet as the server isn't yet enforcing it.  I'll have to work on that after this server goes release.