New OSD

crusher11

crusher11

I have a user with a TCL TV of some description that runs Android TV, and the OSD shows the cover art. Is this correct? Every other app seems to have updated to the new more compact OSD. 

seanbuff

The correct answer here is, yes the OSD on the Android TV interface still displays the cover art.

• Like 2

CBers
53 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  This app has not had that OSD change implemented yet.

Is this the change that was mentioned months ago. 

Can we see a mock up again please. 

Will it be optional? 

FrostByte

I would use it as an option because I like the minimalized version of the OSD, but know others are used to seeing the kitchen sink on the OSD

CBers
3 minutes ago, ebr said:

Look at almost any of the other apps - Web, mobile, Roku.

Let's hope this is optional then, as the web client OSD is far inferior to the current ATV OSD.

FrostByte

Not a fact, but thanks for your opinion  😁

Edited by FrostByte

CBers
2 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Not a fact, but thanks for your opinion

In your eyes 🙂

We can't have an implementation of a dumb decision foisted upon us without the option to turn it off and switch back to the current OSD.

• Like 1

Trufa2011
9 hours ago, crusher11 said:

I have a user with a TCL TV of some description that runs Android TV, and the OSD shows the cover art. Is this correct? Every other app seems to have updated to the new more compact OSD. 

Can you tell me what exact model of TCL TV is?

crusher11

No, I cannot. Given that it seems the change simply hasn't been introduced for Android TV yet, I'm unsure as to why it matters.

10 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

No, I cannot. Given that it seems the change simply hasn't been introduced for Android TV yet, I'm unsure as to why it matters.

He is trying to chase down a specific issue he is having with his TV.  If you could provide the model number when convenient, it would be helpful.

Thanks.

• Like 2

crusher11

I tried Googling the model number Trufa gave in their thread, and there were basically no results in English which leads me to believe it 's a specifically non-English model, in which case it's definitely not it.

Trufa2011
4 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

I tried Googling the model number Trufa gave in their thread, and there were basically no results in English which leads me to believe it 's a specifically non-English model, in which case it's definitely not it.

TV TCL 55EP660 Android 9 TV I have problems with emby and I don't know how to fix it, however thanks

3 hours ago, Trufa2011 said:

TV TCL 55EP660 Android 9 TV I have problems with emby and I don't know how to fix it, however thanks

Hi there, what problems are you having?

7 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, what problems are you having?

I believe it is some sort of off-brand implementation but we haven't nailed it down  yet.