Scrapper problem, years info seem to be ignored

Angus2064

Angus2064

Hello, 

I just made a fresh install of my Emby server so I made a entire scan for scrap my library and approximately 30-35% of my movie was incorrectly scrapped ...

My previous library was initially scanned 2 or 3 years ago and with the exact same name for all my files and Emby correctly scrap 80-85% of my movies. (all my files are named like this "MovieName (year).xxx")

So we can tell here there is a problem with scrapping system. 

Even when I tried to identify the movie manually, Emby can't find a huge majority of the movies. 

- Exemple : The movie "Friend Request (2016)" (named exactly like that) choose to select "Friend Request (2015)" When I use the manual identify button, the movie "Friend Request (2015)" come first in the result (Friend Request (2016) come in second) so maybe Emby decide to choose in priority the first returned result ignoring everythings else like year and in others case even the correspondence of title...)

- Exemple 2 : The movie "La Momie (2017)" choose to select "Enquête sur la Momie des Tourbières (2013)" (...... WTF ??) and when I use the manual identify button this result come first in the result (and La Momie (2017) come in second) so maybe Emby to choose in priority the first returned result ignoring everythings else like year and here completely ignore the correspondence of title...)

- Exemple 3 : The Movie "Jeanne D'Arc (1999)" choose to select "Egyptian Jeanne d'Arc (2016)" and when I use the manual identify button this result come first in the result (and Jeanne D'Arc (1999) come in second) so again maybe Emby to choose in priority the first returned result ignoring everythings else like year and here again ignore the best correspondence of title...)

Anyway, I have a lot of others examples like that ... If you can take a look on this problem (keeping in consideration than this problem doesn't occur in my previous scan 2-3years ago and my further scan until recently (I can't exactly tell when this problem start but at least I can tell I become to note than my news movies added was sometimes badly scrapped since 6 month approximately (obviously correctly named files : "MovieName (year).xxx")).

Edited by Angus2064

Hi there, please go over a specific example by attaching the emby server log and providing the file naming and organization. Thanks !