HD Homerun Tuners

dboyer

dboyer

I have two HD Homerun tuners connected via ethernet to my server running Emby Premier.   Each HD Homerun has two tuners built in - so I have a total of 4 tuners that should be receiving off the air signals. 

Both HD Homeruns show up in Emby Server.  See Below...

However, I have only two tuners working at a given time.  If I am recording 2 different TV channels, Emby will not let me see Live TV on a third channel. 

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem is?

I have deleted the two HD Homeruns from Emby and reinstalled them without no success.

pic52.jpg

However, I have only two tuners working at a given time.  If I am recording 2 different TV channels, Emby will not let me see Live TV on a third channel. 

Hi there, what do you mean by this?

dboyer

What I am saying is that Emby can only retrieve data from two tuners at a time. 

Emby cannot access the other two tuners that are available.  When you try to view a third channel live, Emby give our Roku sticks an error message that says:

Playback Error, No steams were provided for Playback

As of right now, Emby is recording two off the air TV channels  

Looking at the Status Pages in each of the two  HD Homerun Extend boxes, it shows that the Second HD Homerun Extend is being used to record the two off the air channels.

The status page on the First HD HomeRUn Extend shows that it is tuned to two different off the air channels, rather than saying that it is not receiving any channels. 

It is acting like for whatever reason the HD Homerun Extend is not receiving a message from Emby that those channels are no longer being watched or recorded. 

Looking at the log in the First HD HomeRun Extend that is given bogus information -   it says:   HTTP: rejecting request from 192.168.100.30 - all tuners in use

It acts like when you change Live TV Channels via Roku, Emby is not closing the channels that has been watched at some time in the past. 

For what it worth, looking down the HD Homerun Extend log, I see the following message, which evidently is the message that is generated by the HD Homerun when Emby actually "closes a channel"     20200609-18:59:59 Tuner: tuner1 http stream ended (remote closed)

If I had some way to reboot the first HD Homerun, it would most likely put itself back in the state of not receiving any channels.  However, the two HD Homerun Extend's  are located 300 miles away from me at an unattended site and I have no way to reboot them.

Attached is a ScreenPrint showing the First HD Homerun Extend that says it is receiving channels, when in reality, Emby is not recording either of those two channels, nor are they being used to view Live TV. 

Also included is a ScreenPrint of the same HD Homerun Extend showing its log. 

pic57.jpg

pic56.jpg

Okay, so what has happened is a connection to the other tuners has been "stranded" open somehow.  One way you can try to ensure this doesn't happen when using the Roku is to be sure and exit playback with the "back" key and NEVER the "home" key.

Rebooting the server application should free those tuners for you.

• 2 weeks later...
rbjtech

You can also reset the HDHR with a command line by downloading the HDHR utilities  from their website.

"c:\Program Files\Silicondust\HDHomeRun\hdhomerun_config.exe  <your_unique_HDHR_ID> set /sys/restart self"

I've only tested this on the same vlan - so think you'll need to run this remotely on the same network segment.

Edited by rbjtech