kaledi

Collections still missing

kaledi

Hello,

I've upgraded to the latest server version for the PR4100 hoping that the missing movies from collections has been resolved, but it hasn't.  I still have a couple of collections that are incomplete.  They are recognised if I move them to a new location, but as soon as I return them to their original location they go missing.  How can I remove all trace of these movies in the database so I get emby to recognise them as new entries into the library?

Luke

Hi, what do you mean by "still" ? Can you please go over an example? Thanks.

Happy2Play

Sounds like a path issue within your database.  If so you really only have two options, unless you are willing to poke around in the database.

Move media to a new folder path or a new library.db.  If you choice to move media you will have to manually update paths in the collection.xml files or delete them and allow the to be rebuilt by the Auto Box set plugin.

But note all userdata resides in your library.db, but can be backed up and restored via the Server Configuration Backup plugin.

kaledi
On 6/15/2020 at 8:32 AM, Luke said:

Hi, what do you mean by "still" ? Can you please go over an example? Thanks.

This was the original conversation that I posted back in February.  The recent server updates have improved the situation and currently it is only a couple of collections that are incomplete.

I will attempt to delete reference to the movies from the xml file and see how I get on, but it does appear that there continues to be a database issue of some kind.

kaledi

Hi - can someone remind me what I need on my windows machine to navigate and browse the emby folder on the PR4100.  I'm specifically looking for the collection.xml file

kaledi

OK - worked out how to navigate to the appropriate folders.

Using the one collection that doesn't appear correctly now, and this consists of 4 films.  Currently, only one film is seen in the collection.

So I attempted the following

Moved the movies to an alternate location that isn't part of a lbrary.  Did library scan and deleted the collections entry for the particular collection.

Did llibrary scan

Moved 4 movies back to their original location

Did library scan

The collection appeared with 4 movies as expected

I navigated back to to the collection and 3 of the movies had disappeared leaving the one movie in the collection!

The xml file shows the 4 movies and their correct locations

Luke

Hi, can you please go over an example? Thanks.

cayars

Can you post the contents of the collection file and the present location of those 4 files?