SSL Expired/Not Expired

mojhale

mojhale

I have a Letencrypt SSL certificate that works for that. The certificate shows that it's valid until 8/2/20 and works on my domain website. The certificate for my Emby server on the same domain (for which I generated the PKCS file following a tutorial) shows different valid from and to dates.

Do I just need to regenerate the PKCS#12 keys?

ssl valid.png

ssl invalid.png

mojhale

I just went through the relevant portions of this tutorial: 

I replaced the old pfx with the new, and there was no difference. It seems significant that the certificate shows different issue dates than that for the rest of my site...

image.png.f815f3bea4694609eae6ba06d990f5d2.pngimage.png.abb5236d8a13232063e540fd9d1e2a14.png

Thoughts?

mojhale

I restarted (and took the opportunity to update to 4.4.3.0) and it seems as though the server doesn't recognize the cert at all. The https port doesn't connect at all while the http port still functions. That's the behavior I would expect to see if there's not a cert connected to the server, right?

Q-Droid

Correct. If Emby can't open or read the cert then AFAIK it won't bind to the SSL port, leaving HTTPS disabled.

mojhale

So it turns out that changing the ownership of an ssl certificate to be used by the service is important... who'd've thought?!

Everything is up and running now after reconverting to pkcs#12 keys. I'm really not sure why the issue and expiry dates of the two were different before, but they do match now, as expected. Thanks, all!