Duplicate images downloaded

browned

browned

I have seen this issue before but haven't bother to report it until now. As you can see from the attached image the images are being downloaded as backdropx.jpg and also movienamex.jpg I also see a movie.xml and moviename.xml file in there.

This was all created today 10th Oct.

I am on server version 3.0.5029.36830 and have only ever had all of my systems setup to download beta.

post-173-0-66978500-1381399682_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
browned

I added a movie to the collection today and after browsing through the downloaded backdrops it seems it downloaded duplicates of them again. Maybe someone can test this out and see if it is the cause of the issue. After viewing the images the server detected changes in the jpgs.

I am running latest server, latest ROC theme, and coverart.

• 3 weeks later...
seanbuff

As someone who's previously used meta<browser/> exclusively for managing my metadata needs. I just recently decided to try out MB3's metadata management features.

A week or so later, I've discovered that a lot (not all) of my movies now have duplicate backdrops downloaded. Interestingly they are only a few KB different in file size.

528def4756b77_20131121_222621.png

528def592624e_20131121_222232.png

Could MB3 be the culprit here? I initially doubted it until I found this thread...

Any luck tracking this down Luke? This is going to be a PITA for me to reverse from 2000+ movies.  :o

rickster53

I have experienced this as well but am not sure what the scenario is that causes it. My hunch is that it has something to do with deleting the library and refreshing it but not hitting your limit on the number of backgrounds you are set for. Also, MB3 uses multiple sources for images so perhaps it just pulling in duplicates from different sources. No way for it to tell... Can't put my finger on it for sure...

Edited by rickster53

seanbuff

Yes I do agree about the background limit thing, I have mine currently set to '3' and it would seem if there are only 2, it automatically goes and grabs another -- but is unable to tell if it's grabbing the same one since the file sizes are slightly different.

I have faith that Luke will be able to sort something out.

I can think of two possibilities here.

1) Until a couple releases ago, we didn't know where a backdrop came from.  So, maybe if some backdrops already existed before this release we might re-grab them if you were under your bd limit.

2) If the same image exists on both tmdb and Fanart, we have no way of knowing they are the same image so you might get dups.

Given the different files sizes, your situation is probably #2.

seanbuff

Ok, sounds reasonable. What are the chances of getting an option for the user to control the image sources?

TMDB, FanArt or both, etc.

I only ever use TMDB so if I were able to lock that in, that way I wouldn't need to change my backdrop limit.

Possibility? TIA

yea there's nothing we can do if they're actually different images. if it's bothering you, set your limit to 1 and get additional ones manually.