Prompt Users to set password

cmacfarlane93

cmacfarlane93

Hi I would like the option in users to prompt the user to set a local password for the server they are on. For example, if a user logs into a server with emby connect, but don't have a local password set, emby notifies the user or even forces them to set one. The reason why I feel this is needed is I have read of users being hacked due to not having passwords on emby connect accounts. Well most people using emby don't know that they don't have a password set when they sign in with emby connect. Most assume their password is set locally with their emby connect password.

Another option which may be more complicated would be when users are linked with emby connect, the local password is automatically matched to their connect password.

PS. if you are reading this you should make sure all your accounts with remote access have passwords set EVEN IF they are emby connect users.

• Like 1

Hi. Putting this in front of the user would be confusing I think.  I also think maybe you were reading some older topics as this process has changed.

It is no longer possible to create a server user through the Connect process.  The server admin must now create the local user first, and then attach the Connect account.  That greatly reduces the likelihood of the situation you describe.

Having said all of that, we still have it in our plans to simplify this process such that it will all be a moot point.

Thanks!

Riggs

What I noticed today at dawn, near the end of the maintenance window, is that in order to log in now I have to use the nickname I have in the forum, otherwise it wouldn't let me.

The original user from several years ago no longer works for me to log in on the forum

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Riggs said:

What I noticed today at dawn, near the end of the maintenance window, is that in order to log in now I have to use the nickname I have in the forum, otherwise it wouldn't let me.

The original user from several years ago no longer works for me to log in on the forum

That's good info.  Thanks.

• Thanks 1