Network Ports Required

Disorganise

Disorganise

Hi,

I've been trying to get Emby client on Android TV to access my remote Emby Server over the internet.  I have 8096 forwarded and think I also forward 8920 although it is not used.

I can access and browse Emby via a browser on my PC/laptop no problem, but the Android TV client will not;  have tried FQDN and straight IP address but no joy.

Is there an additional port that the android tv requires?

In case it makes a difference; I have my router forwarding to a Sophos UTM VM which in turn forwards to the Embyserver.  As I said, I can browse with Chrome/Firefox so the forwarding it working ok.

Any ideas?  [i don't have physical access to my server now, but I can VPN to the UTM if I need to add a port]

And what exactly happens when you try to login?  And exactly how are you doing that?

Thanks.

rbjtech

Look in the logs of the Sophos UTM - assuming you have logging enabled for that NAT/Firewall rule - are you seeing the dropped packets vs the allowed packets when using a browser ?    Do you have the IPS enabled ?

If you don't see any drops (it will come from the same WAN IP), then the Android TV's traffic is not reaching your remote server - do other web services work ok ? 

Edited by rbjtech