RPi 4 NFS/CIFS and Synology Nas

Mach10

Mach10

Hi guys, i'm having an issue with permissions it seams with Emby accessing my Synology NAS...

first off I've tried CIFS in the past and failed but I haven't done it on the RPi4 yet, I've rather opted for NFS.

so here goes nothing ... I've been able to mount the NFS share locally on the OS, but not on the Emby side, I'm thinking it's a permissions issue since...

*** Error Report ***
        Version: 4.4.3.0
        Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_armhf.deb
        Operating system: Unix 4.19.118.7
        64-Bit OS: False
        64-Bit Process: False
        User Interactive: True
        Runtime: file:///opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
        System.Environment.Version: 3.1.2
        Processor count: 4
        Program data path: /var/lib/emby
        Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system
        System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/mnt' is denied.
         ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
           --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
           at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.CreateDirectoryHandle(String path, Boolean ignoreNotFound)
           at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.Init()
           at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1..ctor(String directory, Boolean isNormalized, EnumerationOptions options)
           at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerable`1..ctor(String directory, FindTransform transform, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized)
           at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerableFactory.FileSystemInfos(String directory, String expression, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized)
           at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalEnumerateInfos(String path, String searchPattern, SearchTarget searchTarget, EnumerationOptions options)
           at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.EnumerateFileSystemInfos(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileSystemEntries(String path, Boolean recursive)
           at MediaBrowser.Api.EnvironmentService.GetFileSystemEntries(GetDirectoryContents request)
           at MediaBrowser.Api.EnvironmentService.Get(GetDirectoryContents request)
           at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object )
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.Execute(HttpListenerHost appHost, Object requestDto, IRequest req)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
        Source: System.IO.FileSystem
        TargetSite: IntPtr CreateDirectoryHandle(System.String, Boolean)
        InnerException: System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
        Source:
        TargetSite:

I have the file share mounted at /mnt/

my thoughts is that it's trying to pass the 'Emby' user when accessing /mnt...or it could be a chmod issue ? 

anyone care to share input ?

JaScoMa

I use DietPI for my Emby server and a QNAP NAS for my media.

I configured the NFS permissions on my NAS to allow the proper access to the share using the IP address of my Emby server.  For example, my media shares have R/W access while Emby updates, which I download to my laptop and upload, just has R access.

When I connect to the NFS shares within Dietpi, it put an entry in my fstab for the mount when I created the mount.

For example, this is the entry in my fstab:

10.6.6.4:/ /mnt/nfs_QNAP nfs _netdev,nofail,noauto,x-systemd.automount

10.6.6.4 is my NAS IP

/mnt/nfs_QNAP is my mount folder

The mount permissions for the mount folder seem to be root:root with full RWX permissions across the board.

EDIT:  With my NAS, I can just assign an IP address for access to the different shares.  So I've updated my entry to reflect that.

Edited by JaScoMa

Mach10

I use DietPI for my Emby server and a QNAP NAS for my media.

I configured the NFS permissions on my NAS (created a username.pasword and assigned its R/W permissions to the share) and then used the same username/password when connecting DietPI to my NAS.  Dietpi then put an entry in my fstab for the mount when I created the mount.

For example, this is the entry in my fstab:

10.6.6.4:/ /mnt/nfs_QNAP nfs _netdev,nofail,noauto,x-systemd.automount

10.6.6.4 is my NAS IP

/mnt/nfs_QNAP is my mount folder

The mount permissions and seem to be root:root with full RWX permissions across the board; looking at that, not comfy with those permisisons, may have to look further into that.  Anyway, thats how my NFS shares are configured.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot and see where it gets me 

mastrmind11

your NFS access has to match on both the server and the client.  so if the UID/GID on the client are different than what the NFS server is using to host, just change them on the client to match and you should be good to go.

• 3 months later...