Ningx reverse proxy slower seeking ?

chrismallia

chrismallia

Has anyone noticed slower seeking when going threw the reverse proxy?

I am using Linuxserver.io reverse  proxy Lets encrypt and noticed skipping forward or back in a movie it sometimes buffers/pauses for a few seconds, this does not happen when I directly use the emby internal IP on http.

Config

Ubuntu Server 18.04

Docker emby and linuxserver.io reverse proxy, I crated a bridged network for the proxy and containers that use it and used the standerd linuxserver.io emby config, set emby to be handled by reverse proxy and remote port to 443.

For LAN I have my router doing split DNS  resolving my domain to the server internal IP.

Edit 

oops just realized I mistyped  Nginx  in the title lol

Edited by chrismallia

mastrmind11

Has anyone notest  slower seeking when going threw the reverse proxy?

I am using Linuxserver.io reverse  proxy Lets encrypt and notest skipping forward or back in a movie it sometimes buffers/pauses for a few seconds, this does not happen when I directly use the emby internal IP on http.

Config

Ubuntu Server 18.04

Docker emby and linuxserver.io reverse proxy, I crated a bridged network for the proxy and containers that use it and used the standerd linuxserver.io emby config, set emby to be handled by reverse proxy and remote port to 443.

For LAN I have my router doing split DNS  resolving my domain to the server internal IP.

assuming you're referring to external playback, i haven't noticed anything of note.  internally, with a correctly configured LAN/proxy, it shouldn't even come into play.

chrismallia

assuming you're referring to external playback, i haven't noticed anything of note.  internally, with a correctly configured LAN/proxy, it shouldn't even come into play.

Thanks for your feedback.

I get it internally,  I have my router pointing the emby domain to my private server IP so when I am on the network  I still get secure connection but not go out the WAN (instead of using hairpin NAT). Am I missing something?

Thanks again

I would suggest comparing your reverse proxy configuration to that of @@pir8radio. It's different reverse proxy software (nginx), but you may be able to pick up something from it.

mastrmind11

Thanks for your feedback.

I get it internally,  I have my router pointing the emby domain to my private server IP so when I am on the network  I still get secure connection but not go out the WAN (instead of using hairpin NAT). Am I missing something?

Thanks again

but why would you need encrypted comms on a LAN?  seems like you're adding unnecessary complexity.

chrismallia

but why would you need encrypted comms on a LAN?  seems like you're adding unnecessary complexity.

I like everything secure, also for portable devices like phones I would have to  change the domain to IP when on LAN for bypassing the proxy