Artwork & subtitles not saved in local folder

moby89

moby89

Hello,

I'm having an issue where subtitles and artwork for newly added media aren't being saved to local folders. This for both Movies and TV-shows.

In settings (Server > Library > Edit) for both TV-shows and Movies I have made sure that the following are unticked:

• Save artwork into media folders
  • Save thumbnail images into media folders
  • Save subtitles into media folders

I had specified a custom location for server cache files, and tried turning this off. But it did not have any effect.

The settings for media data path (Server > Library > Advanced) have never been set to a custom value.

I have really no idea what to check next, and could really need some help  :)

I'm running Emby Server MacOS version 4.4.3.0.

Edit:

I just checked the NFO-file that were automatically created upon adding a movie, and it seems like artwork is saved in the metadata folder.

<art>

<poster>/Users/XXX/.config/emby-server/metadata/library/e1/XXX/poster.jpg</poster>

<fanart>/Users/XXX/.config/emby-server/metadata/library/e1/XXX/backdrop.jpg</fanart>

<fanart>/Users/XXX/.config/emby-server/metadata/library/e1/XXX/backdrop1.jpg</fanart>

<fanart>/Users/XXX/.config/emby-server/metadata/library/e1/XXX/backdrop2.jpg</fanart>

</art>

Edited by moby89

Hi there, sounds like Emby Server is being denied write access to the media folders, and therefore is reverting back to the server's internal metadata folder. have you looked into this?

moby89
On 6/8/2020 at 11:32 PM, Luke said:

Hi there, sounds like Emby Server is being denied write access to the media folders, and therefore is reverting back to the server's internal metadata folder. have you looked into this?

Hi,

I am able to delete media files and folder in Emby. And upon adding new media both the nfo and bif files are created. I keep the Emby Server and the media folder on the same computer, and the Mac user on that particular computer has write access to the media folders (right clicked on the folder).

I have even tried a clean install of Emby Server on a different Mac-computer, and that too aren't saving artwork and subtitles in the local media folder.

I'm really stuck here, is there anything else I can do to test?

@moby89 either it's not enabled to save to media folders, or it's being denied write access. Try using the image editor to manually download an image. Where does that go?

• 2 months later...

So I just realised that I were supposed to check "Save artwork into media folders",  NOT uncheck!

Thanks for all help!

Edited by moby89
  • Like 1