Invalid address

gattaca-mcs
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

gattaca-mcs

Hi,

First post and all,

I wanted to register an account with my personal domain however Emby doesn't believe the domain exists. 

It seems emby hasn't been updated to accept @*****.house domains.

Is there an intention to lift this?

Because I can put in what ever made up domain absoluteidiot1984.co.uk and it would thing its a valid domain.

• Solution

Okay, that is the forum software we are using.  We are on a quite old version and are actually scheduled to update it this week.  Please try this again after the upgrade.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Gilgamesh_48

Okay, that is the forum software we are using.  We are on a quite old version and are actually scheduled to update it this week.  Please try this again after the upgrade.

Thanks.

That is actually kind of scary. I remember what happened to the Plex forums when they made their latest "upgrade." Their forums went from pretty good to nearly impossible to use in that two day "upgrade."

That is actually kind of scary. I remember what happened to the Plex forums when they made their latest "upgrade." Their forums went from pretty good to nearly impossible to use in that two day "upgrade."

The look will change slightly - become a bit more "modern" - and we'll pick up some long-needed features like much better attachment support (drag and drop and paste!).  In any case, it is something we absolutely have to do.  This version of the forum went out of support a long time ago.

Gilgamesh_48

The look will change slightly - become a bit more "modern" - and we'll pick up some long-needed features like much better attachment support (drag and drop and paste!).  In any case, it is something we absolutely have to do.  This version of the forum went out of support a long time ago.

I believe you and I really hope that is all the change that happens but I have heard the same kind if thing in the past and was unpleasantly surprised when the event actually happened. But I will remain at least mostly optimistic. After all I adapted, kicking and screaming, to the abomination that Plex's forums have become and I am sure I can adapt to whatever happens here. I really doubt it will be even near as bad as it was over there. 

You know from some past interactions how I feel about change: "Let's make a new rule. Nothing changes, ever." A paraphrase of a Monk quote. :rolleyes:;):P

Edited by Gilgamesh_48