Jump to content
qazwsx10

ANSWERED Not all Cast & Crew thumbnails stored locally

Recommended Posts

qazwsx10

There may be a simple answer to this, but I noticed that not all of thumbnails for cast & crew are not stored locally, but instead with the media.

 

Under Library -> Advanced, I had selected the option to have a custom local metadata path. And within my library options, I did UNSELECT:

  • Save subtitles into media folders
  • Save artwork into media folders

I wanted this stored separately for speed reasons.

 

 

I recently started a fresh installation of Emby Server (Windows) without any media in there. I placed three movies in there just to test things out. When I opened the three Nfo's that were generated, I noticed that about 10% (estimate) of them have a local path, but the remaining 90% (estimate) have a path like: https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/....

 

Is there a reason why only some of them are stored locally? And how can I change that?

 

Thanks!

~Q

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy2Play

Emby only writes that value for Kodi and in no way uses those image values at all.  But by default Emby will not down load the person image unless you enter the persons item details page do to requested limits applied by providers.

 

So Emby will get the image url from provider during media import and will use that url until you enter the person page.  Only then will Emby download and store the image in the \metadata\library\xx\xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
qazwsx10

Emby only writes that value for Kodi and in no way uses those image values at all.  But by default Emby will not down load the person image unless you enter the persons item details page do to requested limits applied by providers.

 

So Emby will get the image url from provider during media import and will use that url until you enter the person page.  Only then will Emby download and store the image in the \metadata\library\xx\xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx folder.

Thanks for the quick response! I am little confused, what do you mean by: "unless you enter the persons item details page" and "until you enter the person page"?

 

Does that mean clicking on that person's image on the front end to find more details?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy2Play

Thanks for the quick response! I am little confused, what do you mean by: "unless you enter the persons item details page" and "until you enter the person page"?

 

Does that mean clicking on that person's image on the front end to find more details?

 

Yes the actual person page.  It is tedious.  But there is a new plugin (no available for all builds) that could help as TMDB has be deleting a lot of images recently and creating issues with the way Emby hads the database store urls since the url is no longer valid.

 

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/86323-tmdb-corrupt-image-fix-plugin-for-windows-10/

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...