Fire TV 4k Audio sync issue

Swynol

Swynol

Hi,

wondering if anyone has the same or can point me in the right direction.

Over the last 2 weeks i've been having problems with any file that has 7.1 DTS HDMA. the audio starts in sync but over the course of the film the audio goes out of sync. at the end ofa  film it usually aroun 3-4 seconds out.

If i pause and then resume it, it comes back into sync. or if i skip back it goes back into sync.

This happens with all 7.1 DTS HDMA. any other content is fine.

Using plex :ph34r: DTS HDMA 7.1 works fine, it also works fine in emby web player. 

Server - 4.5.0.12 BETA

Fire Stick 4k using ethernet.

So, obviously, this item must be remuxing and converting the audio to something else...?  Can we please see the ffmpeg logs?

Swynol

its direct playing and not converting the audio. My receiver supports 7.1 dts hdma and according to the receiver thats what its receiving. no ffmpeg logs

Swynol

noticed this in the log

2020-06-07 18:14:22.409 Info HttpServer: HTTP POST http://emby.myurl:8096/Items/82490/PlaybackInfo?UserId=d5cf0da55b794a86ae012acc9e99e55b&StartTimeTicks=0&IsPlayback=false&AutoOpenLiveStream=false&MaxStreamingBitrate=140000000. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:77.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/77.0
2020-06-07 18:14:22.415 Info MediaInfoService: User policy for myUSER. EnablePlaybackRemuxing: True EnableVideoPlaybackTranscoding: True EnableAudioPlaybackTranscoding: True
2020-06-07 18:14:22.415 Info MediaInfoService: RemoteClientBitrateLimit: 5000000, RemoteIp: 192.168.10.171, IsInLocalNetwork: True
2020-06-07 18:14:22.415 Info MediaInfoService: RemoteClientBitrateLimit: 5000000, RemoteIp: 192.168.10.171, IsInLocalNetwork: True

remoteclientbitrate limit? but its on my local network.

its direct playing and not converting the audio. My receiver supports 7.1 dts hdma and according to the receiver thats what its receiving. no ffmpeg logs

What Fire device are you playing from?  I wasn't aware that any would pass through the full DTS-HD but maybe that is new.

Swynol

i have the fire stick 4k. looking at the specs its not listed as supporting dts hd ma. it looks like it supports DTS passthrough

but if it didnt support it then shouldnt it be remuxing? theres nothing in the logs

for comparison plex was also direct playing and was passing dts hd ma

Edited by Swynol

By default, the app will go ahead and pass DTS HD because most receiving equipment should be able to extract just the core DTS track from it.  You are positive you see DTS-HD MA on your receiver (not just DTS)?

You can try disabling the DTS-HD pass thru (setting in app) and see if that solves the sync issue.

Swynol

i need to go double check. multichannel audio light was on and the DTS light. i must of made an assumption that it was DTS HDMA because it was direct playing.

if i do disable DTS passthrough and the audio gets remuxed what format will it change it to?

Don't disable DTS - disable DTS-HD.  It will convert it to EAC3 probably.

Swynol

Disabled DTS hdma it's still direct playing and still goes out of sync.

Disabled DTS passthrough and it then remuxs the audio down to 2.0.

When I get time I will try my Nvidia shield on that setup to see what happens

Swynol

Media Info and Emby identify it as DTS HD MA

5edde7c564948_Capture.jpg

5edde81eda30d_Capture1.jpg

and another file it is also doing it with

5edde83ccb9b6_Capture2.jpg

Swynol

update: i changed some of the post processing the receiver was doing and so far seems to be ok. not sure what has caused this to happen as i havent changed any settings on my amp for years.

strange it only affected DTS HD MA from Emby and not other apps.

Swynol

Forgot to add I had to leave both dts and dtshdma pass through off. It now direct streams but remuxes the audio to Dolby which is why I get no audio sync issues.

might just bite the bullet and get another nvidia shield