Audiobook Resume

rsaxman

rsaxman

Is there a setting that allows audio books to resume from where left off like a movie or TV? Whenever I exit and restart, I have to fast forward to try and find my place

Thanks

Gilgamesh_48

Is there a setting that allows audio books to resume from where left off like a movie or TV? Whenever I exit and restart, I have to fast forward to try and find my place

Thanks

When setting up the library or when you edit the library you can turn on the ability to resume audio files. I "think" it is in the advanced options.

However I would warn you that, unless things have changed, it only works on some clients. In particular the last time I tested it did not work on the Roku platform.

I actually recommend that you keep audiobooks so they are played on a different platform using a different player. Emby and Plex as well are just not good at audiobook playback and control. I use a low powered computer running MediaMonkey for my audiobook playback.

We are working on getting this supported in all emby apps. Thanks for the feedback.

• 1 year later...
Happy2Play
14 minutes ago, fcimeson said:

Any updates on this feature?

It is in the 4.7 beta server but don't know what beta apps contain it right now.