Setup Wizzard keeps coming up

AllesMeins

AllesMeins

A few days ago I had to change my hard drive. I copied the emby directory and everything seemed to work out fine, but now every once in a while I get the setup wizzard when accessing emby with my browser. For the most part I just can click thru the steps, my libraries are still there and most other settings are also as I left them. After finishing the setup my complete library is displayed instantly, so emby has access to the data.

It has happend now four times in the last few days that I had to go through the setup wizzard without any warning. It happend twice after a reboot and twice after just a refresh in my browser.

I've added the hardware-detection log and the output of journalctl. I've omitted the embyserverlog because the last entry was from four hours before the wizzard...

I'm using Version 4.4.3.0 on Debian 5.5.17-1~bpo10+1 (2020-04-23) x86_64 GNU/Linux

hardware_detection-63726998016.txt

journalctl.txt

Edited by AllesMeins

Hi, what kind of storage is /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DISK2_embydata/emby ?

AllesMeins

Hi, what kind of storage is /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DISK2_embydata/emby ?

ext4 on an internal SATA-HDD

#lsblk -o "NAME,MAJ:MIN,RM,SIZE,RO,FSTYPE,MOUNTPOINT"
NAME   MAJ:MIN RM   SIZE RO FSTYPE MOUNTPOINT
sda      8:0    0 111.8G  0        
├─sda1   8:1    0 107.2G  0 ext4   /
├─sda2   8:2    0     1K  0        
└─sda5   8:5    0   4.6G  0 swap   
sdb      8:16   0   7.3T  0        
├─sdb1   8:17   0   7.2T  0 ext4   /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DISK2
└─sdb2   8:18   0  97.7G  0 ext4   /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DISK2_embydata
sdc      8:32   0   4.6T  0        
└─sdc1   8:33   0   4.6T  0 ext4   /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DISK3
sdd      8:48   0   3.7T  0        
└─sdd1   8:49   0   3.7T  0 ext4   /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DISK4

There is a mhddfs over the other 3 partitions but I deliberately excluded 100G and gave emby its own partition to avoid problems...

There is still 89G free space left on /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DISK2_embydata

Edited by AllesMeins

AllesMeins

It happend again and this time I didn't complete the wizzard. Is there maybe a way to find out what is triggering the wizzard (is emby missing a file?) and than work my way forward from there why this is happening?

AllesMeins

Has anybody any idea what I could do? I tried deleting the whole profile and started from scratch, I even reformated the partition but the wizzard still keeps coming up... So, where do i go from here?

Edit:

Guess I'll keep talking to myself until a solution is found :) I just noticed that emby changes the "config/system.xml" some time early during boot (but not every boot, I'd say about every third time I boot the system) and sets the value for "<IsStartupWizardCompleted>" from true back to false. But I still don't know why it does this...

Edited by AllesMeins