Question regarding skins with Emby

jsc1205

jsc1205

I was browsing around in the Plugins section and I was not aware that there are skins you can download/purchase similar to how Kodi has skins.  I know they are under the Windows Media Center section, but is there a reason why we cannot get skins for the regular use of Emby outside of Windows Media Center?  Are there limitations that prohibit it?  

I know being a past user of Kodi, this makes the interface great for the user and gives the ability to see/use different visuals.  For instance....Emby has a plugin for studio logos....why is it not utilized?  

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Hi.  With all the different platforms we run on "skinning" is a bit more complex in our environment.  At this time, you can adjust some things in the web presentation with custom css and most of the apps provide some different color schemes.  More types of customization may be possible in the future.

jsc1205

Hi.  With all the different platforms we run on "skinning" is a bit more complex in our environment.  At this time, you can adjust some things in the web presentation with custom css and most of the apps provide some different color schemes.  More types of customization may be possible in the future.

Thanks for the response and I figured as much.  I know there has been requests of getting audio/video codec logos to display in Emby rather that verbiage.  But since the studio icon plugin already exists, is there a way to get work?

Hi.  The current design trends are away from lots of graphic/logo information display and more towards simple text so that is where are designs are at the moment.

This is an area we're interested in exploring more, it's just hard to prioritize it ahead of other core development.