EmbyCon sortorder in tvshows

paddy75

paddy75

Hello all @@TeamB,

I installed EmbyCon and using Bingie-Skin. Inside the tv-shows the sort order is set to episode. Result is, that the specials are on the wrong place inside the session. How can i set the sort order to default for all tv-shows in kodi? Anyone an idea?

TeamB

You might need to give me an example of this, I have all my specials in a Season 00 folder and they just show up in the specials area in the season list in emby.

What is your folder/file naming format?

What do they look like in the emby web client?

paddy75

here an example:

tv-show: Stargate SG-1

Folders: Season 00 - Season 10

File: Stargate.SG-1.S00E07.Die.Quelle.der.Wahrheit.mkv and Stargate.SG-1.S00E08.Continuum

both are show at the end of season 10 in the webclient and in the specials. That's ok.

In Kodi with embyCon I see them in specials-->thats ok.

In season 10, this two movies show at the beginning of season 10 and not at the end. (end would be correct)

I don't know why the sort order in kodi is set to "Episode" and not to "default" in the Bingie skin. If i switch to "default", both are show at the end. I have to change this in each season in all tv-shows. There must be an option to set it globaly??

TeamB

I have a few specials but mine are not showing up in my normal season xx episode list at all. I will try to set up some test data to reproduce this.

TeamB

I can not find out how to have specials show up in seasons, I have a few specials in my lib, I have the "Display specials within seasons they aired in" enabled and the special has the Airs Before/After meta data.

Any tips on getting specials to show up in seasons?

All my specials show up in the Specials folder fine but not in the seasons they aired in.

pünktchen

I see similar but not identical results as the OP.

In Kodi with sort order "Episodes" which is active by default, i can't see specials in a season at all. But with sort order "Default" the specials show up at the right place within a season.

This is with the Embuary skin, so probably not skin related.

TeamB

Are there any other settings that control this, like at user level or something?

I have set up my test server and specials show up in season lists fine but with exactly the same settings on my real server I can not get specials to show in season.

TeamB

Another option is have a setting to set the default sort order for media types in the add-on settings, this way you could set all episode listings to what you want in one place. I.e default sort order for all episode lists.

• Like 1

TeamB

I have added forcing the default sort order selected to the latest beta 1.9.80

You can chose the sort selection by setting the sort order you prefer in the add-on settings on the sorting tab. This should then be used by default for that type of media list.

Note:

If you have set a sort order manually on any listings this will override the default you selected in the add-on settings. You will need to reset it, this is a Kodi thing, one you set a sort or view for a path it is remembered.

To rest set all your view and sorting preferences you can delete the ViewModes6.db file in your Kodi install.

TeamB

I have added special order handling so that now special ordering should be correct when using Episode sorting.