Question on passwords

deadscopeeu

deadscopeeu

Soo i discovered a major bug on emby to were when User 1 can login to User2 or Users 3 without using their pw/Username and play stuff like its nothing !

Happy2Play

Do all users have passwords?  What is your "Local network sign in mode:"?  Dashboard-User-Select user-Password

Happy2Play

You may have to elaborate on your setup.  Are your connections actually considered Remote?

I know this is not possible on Windows.  But may have to wait for other Linux gurus to comment.

Sounds like you need to configure the network settings in both the docker container and emby server so that emby server can properly detect the remote address?

deadscopeeu

its playing stuff but for some reason users are able to login to each users account remotely and you can even login to someone even if you dont have a account as long as you have the url

deadscopeeu

Sounds like you need to configure the network settings in both the docker container and emby server so that emby server can properly detect the remote address?

Well i configured them right before it just started to happen today

BAlGaInTl

I tried to recreate this, but couldn't figure it out.

I have my accounts "hidden" for remote connections though, and everyone requires a password.

It does seem like it may be a configuration issue.

ETA: I'm also using a Docker deployment of Emby.

Edited by BAlGaInTl

mastrmind11

i also am unable to reproduce this.  all of my users have a password set.

deadscopeeu

so after a while the pw resets and all it says is new pw/confirm pw like there was never a pw on the account begin with its also not every user just a few

Edited by deadscopeeu

deadscopeeu

i figured out the issue i had to press hide remote user twice  so i untick save ticked it again and the user was gone no idea why it happened but at leas it was solved 

Edited by deadscopeeu