Emby will NOT remember color settings

Tony B.

Tony B.

No matter what browser I use, emby will not remember "Blue Radiance". The FIRST link I click on EITHER  Chrome OR Firefox, it goes back to the Dark.

On another note, I seem to be having a problem with Emby loading on Firefox, it takes forever and a day.

Not sure if these problems are related but FF also won't load Exchange OWA or my main Synology page.

I turned off all the extensions, ran it in safe mode, no matter what, these problems still exist.

pwhodges

Do you have an active Premiere subscription?  Blue Radiance is restricted to Premiere users.

Paul

Tony B.

I got it to stick.

Change the color, then go DIRECTLY HOME then guide then it works.

Seems that there should be a save button in here instead of work-arounds.

Next issue, Why does it take so long to load it locally?

pwhodges

Slow loading is most likely to be a network problem rather than an Emby one, I should think.  The fact that you have other problems with your browser hints that way too. 

Have you tried using Emby Theatre (either the Windows app store version, or the separate download which is more maintained, I think) to see if that behaves better?  That would help to confirm whether it's a browser issue, at least.

Paul

Tony B.

It is fine in Chrome. So, that's not the issue.

Same with Exchange OWA and Synology, great in Chrome.

There is a reason that Firefox is doing this and I am guessing it's a hidden setting having to deal with scripts.

Happy2Play

Do you have anything clearing your browser cache/history.  This will happen everytime the cache/history is cleared.

Tony B.

Do you have anything clearing your browser cache/history.  This will happen everytime the cache/history is cleared.

no

arrbee99

I got it to stick.

Change the color, then go DIRECTLY HOME then guide then it works.

Seems that there should be a save button in here instead of work-arounds.

Next issue, Why does it take so long to load it locally?

Does it stick after closing and opening Firefox ?

Tony B.

Yes.

By the way, whomever wants to help me address the "Slow" issue with FF, it DOES NOT HAPPEN if I use the web login.

Tony B.

Hi, what exactly is slow in Firefox?

Local (Domain controller DNS login by SSL) login and non-SSL

Edited by Tony B.

Tony B.

At what point is it slow?

Pretty much at all points. Slow to pull up (1min) then going to the admin section.

app.emby.media in FF is fine though,

Tony B.

No and Yes... I put the DNS entry in the hosts file of the computers I am having issues with.

It didn't help.

I do use a pfSense Reverse Proxy (HAProxy) but that is only for WAN.

However, if I have it in the hosts file, it really shouldn't matter.

Ok. I vaguely recall someone reporting something similar and it turned out to be related to their proxy or network configuration.

Tony B.

Ok. I vaguely recall someone reporting something similar and it turned out to be related to their proxy or network configuration.

But, it doesn't even bother looking to the DNS server, it's in the hosts file.

I'll check it out though; because it happens on my other servers (Exchange and Synology)

Tony B.

I'll see if I can find hte other user that ran into that. Was it @@Floflobel or @@horstepipe?

I took another look at my Reverse Proxy and got it fixed.

The issue was three-fold. I have a DNSSEC checker as an addin, The newer FF versions have been messing pages up pretty bad with that, My Synology login page came back to life after disabling that.

I didn't have the Emby server USING the Reverse Proxy, but it's presence was enough to piss Firefox off.

After making the Emby server use the Reverse Proxy, the Emby pages load fine, keeps the colors and all is back to normal, except my Exchange OWA page, Firefox still wants to screw with it. Not your issue though.

My question is... Is Chrome less secure than FF? These things didn't seem to make a damn bit of difference in Chrome.

Edited by Tony B.

Thanks for the feedback !

My question is... Is Chrome less secure than FF? These things didn't seem to make a damn bit of difference in Chrome.

It could also have been a defect in Firefox that only occurs given the right conditions.