MB Classic/Chocolate - limited # of backdrops displayed

RedStripe
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

RedStripe

MB-Classic 3.0.72.0 B9-20.1

Backdrop rotation, with or without randomization, only displays first twenty (20) backdrops. Is this the case? If so, any chance of or plans to change to allow unlimited number of backdrops to be displayed? B)

I found the # of backdrops setting in the server, but it doesn't appear to have any effect on the MB-Classic/Chocolate display.

Edited by RedStripe

I honestly am not sure but it is quite possible there is a limit in there somewhere to try and keep us from burning through too much memory.  20 seems like an awful lot for a single item.

steelman1991

Just curious - what usage scenario would need such a level of backdrops - I have mine set to 4 and am barely in the screens long enough to have them rotate/randomize.

RedStripe

"20 seems like an awful lot for a single item."-->Larger number just makes for a more random display.

"...what usage scenario would need such a level of backdrops"-->1) See response above 2) Sort of a screen saver

• 8 months later...
Rafi1001

Backdrop rotation dos'nt Works with "Backdrop theme songs" plug-in. the song is playing well, and the backdrops image is not rotating, just stuck in the first picture.

The above doesn't happen when there is no song theme in the media folder to play.

Edited by Rafi1001

Rafi1001

So what can you do about it? I paid for backdrop movie songs plug in, and I do not want other feature go wrong..

Ebr - I'm not sure how the current video backdrop code has evolved, but my old mb2 plugin had the picture backdrops rotating during theme song playback.

I was told by Yogi and Radeon that this is how it works but I haven't even looked at the code so I'm not sure.

radeon

From what i can remember, It seemed to be theme dependant. Some it works with, others it doesn't but the code didnt change from the original code from the mb2 plugin.

The only thing it does differently from playing the videos is set the ShowNowPlayingView to false, is there anything else it would need to do @@ebr?

I don't have much time to look at it in great detail at the minute.

radeon

The controller may need to report that it isn't playing video as well.

@@ebr Just looking now and we (@@Cheesegeezer and I) set:

playable.GoFullScreen = false;
            playable.RaiseGlobalPlaybackEvents = false;
            playable.ShowNowPlayingView = Helper.IsVideo(filesToPlay.First());

so im not sure what else we can actually set on top of that. I cant see anything else :-/ What else are we missing?

• Like 2

• Solution

I'll try and take care of it in the core.  There was a restriction put in a few years ago that stopped backdrop rotations during video playback to be sure we weren't eating CPU cycles that would hurt the video.  This was to accommodate very low-powered hardware and probably isn't necessary anymore so I'll just lift the restriction.

• Like 2