Multiple versions of TV Show episodes

jsc1205

jsc1205

I'm adding the original and remastered versions of the original Star Trek TV show to my Emby collection.  Am I able to label the files just as I would regular movies to enable them to show correctly in Emby (example:  Season 1/s01e01 - Original Version ........Season 1/s01e01 - Remastered Version)?  

Will it create a drop down like the movie section?  

Thanks for any detailed info you can provide

@@cayars

pwhodges

Yes it will create a selection dropdown, and because the series has more aspects to the file name than a movie, the movie requirement for a match between the file name and the folder name is not necessary.

Paul

• Like 1

jsc1205

Yes it will create a selection dropdown, and because the series has more aspects to the file name than a movie, the movie requirement for a match between the file name and the folder name is not necessary.

Paul

Thanks for the response but having an issue.  Emby is showing it as 2 separate TV Shows and is not merged together.  Note, I have the original on one drive and the remastered version on a different drive.  The file names are labeled like this:

Star Trek

Season 1

s01e01 - Remastered Version

Star Trek 

Season 1

s01e01 - Original Version

Also for some reason the Remastered version is showing in Emby exactly how the file is labeled, but the original version is showing correctly.

Thanks again for any help you can provide

Happy2Play

Are both folders attached to the same library?  Do you have "Automatically merge series that are spread across multiple folders" enable on the library?

jsc1205

Are both folders attached to the same library?  Do you have "Automatically merge series that are spread across multiple folders" enable on the library?

Yes both folders are indeed attached to the same library and "automatically merge series that are spread across multiple folders" is checked within the TV Show iibrary.

Happy2Play

Yes both folders are indeed attached to the same library and "automatically merge series that are spread across multiple folders" is checked within the TV Show iibrary.

The only way they should not merge is if they both do not have the same providerids.

jsc1205

The only way they should not merge is if they both do not have the same providerids.

I just looked at the metadata for the remastered versions and all the info under metadata is blank in Season 1.  Have no idea why and how it got removed, but I'm guessing thats why they are not merging. 

OK.....think I figured it out.  The actual episodes within the show were all locked, but the overall show was unlocked.  Everytime I rescanned or refreshed the metadata, the episodes were not updating.  This is not the first time I have run into this issue with Emby and TV shows.  If a show is unlocked, everything within that show should be unlocked and vice versa!!

Edited by jsc1205

Hi, but some people need to be able to lock specific episodes, such as specials or other exceptional cases. Remember it's not locked by default, so you have to configure it this way on order for that to happen.