same movie name 1 year apart

McOwnage
Go to solution Solved by JoshuaAJones,

McOwnage

Hello I did a search on forums for "same movie name" "same name" and "Forsaken"  with no results to my problem. I have 2 movies called Forsaken one is a Western that came out in 2015 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2271563/ the other is a Horror that came out in 2016 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5127300/ both show up as the Western how do I change the one to show as the Horror movie? I use the naming scheme that is suggested ie.. Forsaken (2015) and Forsaken (2016)

Thank you

• Solution
JoshuaAJones

Go to the More (...) button and go to Identify.

Once you enter the correct IMDB number, search, and select the correct movie, all of the metadata should update.

• Like 2

Hi.  Please let us know if you still have problems with that.

Thanks.

pwhodges

I have within the last week had a case where the exact name as used on TMDB with the exact date was recognised as a film of the same name the previous year.  When identifying it manually, using just the name and date again, the three offered results (in order) were: the previous year, the following year, and then the year I specified.  I've had a couple of cases like that recently. 

I've also had shows misidentified on TVDB because Emby appeared to choose a longer match instead of an exact one.  E.g. "Blood+" instead of "Blood", both being the same year; I conjecture that in that case what actually happened is that Emby ignored the "+" as being a special character and didn't use it in the query, which would then lead to there being (as it happens) two shows with the same name in the same year...

Paul