HttpServer: Error processing request

mlcarson

mlcarson

I have an Emby server running within Docker on a Debian Buster Linux server.     I was investigating why a recording didn't occur this evening and noticed the following happening

2020-05-20 11:50:27.284 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.4.2.0
    Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
    Operating system: Unix 4.19.0.9
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: True
    Runtime: file:///system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    System.Environment.Version: 3.1.2
    Processor count: 16
    Program data path: /config
    Application directory: /system
    System.NullReferenceException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.MediaSourceManager.GetLiveStreamWithDirectStreamProvider(String id, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.BaseStreamingService.GetState(StreamRequest request, Boolean requiresOutputPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.Hls.BaseHlsService.ProcessRequest(StreamRequest request)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
    TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

I've pulled the latest linuxserver/emby, recreated my Linux container, and restarted but have the same error.  I'm not sure what issue it's creating but it's been going on for some time and at multiple times per minute, it's really creating some huge log files. 

mlcarson

It was before this log.  Recordings occurred this afternoon normally.  I'm more concerned with just the error messages rather than their impact on recordings at this point since the recording issue has only happened once.

pir8radio

@@ebr looks familiar, looks all android too.....  https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/86326-lots-of-iptv-issues-lately/?p=883780

in a matter of fact, looks like a lot of logs posted in the forum have this issue...   most also related to android., 

Search Results
Your search for the term httpserver: error processing request returned 158 results
Edited by pir8radio

mlcarson

My desktop system is Linux and all of my TV's are connected via Nvidia Shield's which is the Android TV link.   TV sources are a mix of HDHomerun primes, connect's and M3u files.  The recording which failed was on at 10:00 on the History channel and was "The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch".  It also failed to record at other later airings on the same day when manually selected to record.   This was on a HDHomerun Prime and was watchable live (the system should have had 6 tuners to select from and none would have been in use).  Previous episodes have recorded without issue.   The embyserver.txt log didn't seem to show anything happening involving this recording at the scheduled times.  Just lots of the HTTPserver errors.   I think these errors are unrelated to the recording issue and this post was more about understanding the HTTPserver errors since they make finding other issues more difficult. 

mlcarson

And with respect to the recording being missed, the problem was with the guide data.  It picked up the recording as S01E06 but it should have been S01E07 so the recordings happened but Emby didn't index it since it saw it as a duplicate of the prior episode.   The recordings directory shows the file with the S01E06 in the name but with the S01E07 episode name suffix.   I've never seen that happen before. 

And with respect to the recording being missed, the problem was with the guide data.  It picked up the recording as S01E06 but it should have been S01E07 so the recordings happened but Emby didn't index it since it saw it as a duplicate of the prior episode.   The recordings directory shows the file with the S01E06 in the name but with the S01E07 episode name suffix.   I've never seen that happen before. 

Thanks for the feedback on that.