Sony KDL-50W800C cannot play SBS 3d files

Badoune

Badoune

Hi!

Here's my problem so far. I cannot play SBS 3d files... Only Top/Bottom files works in 3d. If I copy a SBS movie to a usb stick and use the sony video player that comes with the tv it will work but I cannot do this on the emby android tv app... Any idea on how I can this done? I have the ''3D'' icon in the bottom information panel but the movies plays in two split images and not a 3d image like the top/bottom files automatically do...

Thanks for your help!

Can you manually switch the TV to 3D mode?  It may just be that it isn't able to automatically trigger.

Badoune

No I cannot, the TV does not permit to do this in emby... but I can do it when the movie is playing from the usb stick and from the sony video player that comes with the tv

Badoune

One more thing, I think it's apps related. The 3d section option in the TV menu is available in netflix, youtube, amazon prime etc... but not in Emby. I guess this could be fix since the others apps gives access to the 3d menu,,,

One more thing, I think it's apps related. The 3d section option in the TV menu is available in netflix, youtube, amazon prime etc... 

How do you know they are playing SBS 3D and not top/bottom?

Badoune

That's not what I meant, If I want to use the 3d on other apps I need to access the 3d option with the tv remote and then I can select SBS or T-B and other options like 3d brightness... This 3d option menu is not available while i'm in Emby but it's available on the other mentioned apps.

Can you tell me exactly what buttons you are pressing and what you see in each instance?

Thanks.

Badoune

First picture is in Emby and the 3d option is not there, and the second one is in youtube... but it's the same it others like netflix and amazon prime etc...

5ec9db7323177_DSC01131.jpg

5ec9db873a918_DSC01134.jpg

In the Emby screenshot, no video is playing.  Can you try it while video is playing?

Badoune

I tried and it's the same... looks like 3D is not available for this apps... as for youtube and others it's enabled even when i'm at the logo/ loading menu