Injecting m3u8 into a m3u for Live TV

deploc

deploc

So I have a m3u I get from a provider.

Into that m3u channel list I want to inject a live HLS stream of twit.tv to show up as another channel, it's a .m3u8 extension.

Here is an article from twit's wiki: http://wiki.twit.tv/wiki/Stream_URLs

Here is the m3u8 url: http://iphone-streaming.ustream.tv/uhls/1524/streams/live/iphone/playlist.m3u8

So I add twit and the URL as a new channel in my list, it shows up fine in my Emby Channel Guide, but in Emby it will not play. In VLC they play fine.

I've tried the same for NASA's livestreams, both m3u8 URLs, and they too will not play inside of Emby.

I'm fairly new. Am I doing this wrong? Or is this functionality not supported?

Edited by deploc

Hi. Is there an option to get a TS stream from those instead of m3u?

deploc

No there isn't. I'd tried adding &output=ts and simply changing the extension from .m3u8 to .ts and they won't return anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The m3u tuner import is not intended to import a single channel video stream. It's intended to import an m3u channel list, which first lists your channels and then has the URL for each individual channel. You can learn more by checking out our help topics on this:

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001160415-live-tv-setup

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

deploc

Yes that is precisely what I'm doing. The m3u8 feed for Twit is in my m3u channel list with all of my other channels.

It you just want to import a single video stream, you can do that with the iptv plugin.

deploc

I'm not familiar, but, will that inject it as a channel in my TV Guide?

(i'm going to google it now)

The IPTV plugin will not, no. It will just be a folder that you can click on and play the video.

No you're not correct. It will stream m3u. You need an m3u channel list, and then each channel could point to it's own m3u video stream.

No you're not correct. It will stream m3u. You need an m3u channel list, and then each channel could point to it's own m3u video stream.

Isn't that exactly what he's attempted to do here but says isn't working...?

Aren't there some limitations to the m3u when it is an individual channel?  I'm thinking maybe his are actually lists (with one entry).

No, it doesn't look like he's creating an m3u channel list, which is what the m3u tuner import is expecting.

deploc

I have an m3u channel list from my provider, yes. I am putting twit.tv m3u8 in that m3u list the same as the rest of the channels from my provider. Then putting that m3u into Live TV on Emby and all those channels work, except the m3u8 one from twit, which doesn't.