Emby app vs Kodi. More options in Emby like Kodi already have

heula

heula

I use Emby for Kodi and Emby Server for Shield TV. Before that I used Emby Server for Snology and Windows.

I use Kodi because of it's many options it has as player etc. Because there are lately a lot of small but annoying issues with Emby for Kodi maybe it's rtime Emby will put some of these options that Kodi already has will be implanted in Emby as well to make Emby as an app better and more complete as player for every one.

I know that some requests perhaps already exist and some maybe for a longer time but I will give my requests here in one topic as well.

What I have in Kodi that is indispensable for me and Emby does no not have yet is:

1. Download subtitles from within the episode that is playing. Now only possible before playing. So if there is no good (sync) subtitle we need to go back and download one.

1b. When searching for subtitles make it an option to pause the video or let it play.

2. More views, Emby has one view and we can set it to primair or landscape for thumbnails. Personally I like the Myflix view with landscape thumbnails. But there are so many more more options.

3. Hide Empty shows. I don't need to see what has nothing to play.

4. Adjust subtitle delay. I know there is a requst for this since 2016. This is must have option for many users I think.

5. Adjust audio delay.

6. More direct shortcuts to use for direct access to for example subtitle change, subtitle delay etc. Perhaps a plugin where we can set these buttons ourself. I have programmed my Logitech Harmony Companion with multiple of these buttons for Kodi.

See this link for how Kodi handles this. There is also a keyboard.xml file where we can set these buttons. Should be working for Emby as well I guess?

7. Stop button (on shield tv) does nothing. Should at least stop playing. Stop playing only works with pressing back.

keymap.xml

I think many of these options are going to make a lot of users more happy with Emby than they maybe already are.  ;)

Thanks in advance.

HI, yes I would expect we will have all of these in future updates. thanks for the feedback.