Sort Title question

nanouk76

nanouk76

Hi,

in Kodi I use the library export file option that creates the individual nfo, poster, and fanart in the movie folders. Now, Emby apparently uses the nfo created by Kodi when it scans the library files and keeps messing up with the alphabetical sort order of the movies presented in the Web UI even though I have manually edited the sort order through the interface (edit metadata=>sort title). This always gets reset to the info present in the nfo file created by Kodi during the library export (which I know is wrong). Is it possible to lock the sort title once it has been modified through the interface by editing the metadata? It is really annoying to have Emby pick up the wrong sort title, usually in the form of a number (1, 2, 3, etc.) which presumably represents the order of the films in a collection. I had rather not edit the individual nfo's for the problem movies each time I export the Kodi library to individual files. Any help will be much appreciated.

TIA

Hi, we don't currently have a way of ignoring the data in the nfo files, so there's not a lot that can be done here at the moment apart from uninstalling the nfo plugin altogether (and thus losing all nfo features). It's possible that future expansions may give you more control over this. 

nanouk76

Hi, we don't currently have a way of ignoring the data in the nfo files, so there's not a lot that can be done here at the moment apart from uninstalling the nfo plugin altogether (and thus losing all nfo features). It's possible that future expansions may give you more control over this. 

Sorry to hear there's not much that can be done. It's a pity though that one cannot lock Sort Title like one can Overview or Genres in Edit Metadata => Enabled Fields. Oh well, will wait for further development then. Thx for taking the time.

Cheers

nanouk76

Found a quick and dirty way to blank the annoying <sorttitle></sorttitle> single digit numerical value found in NFO's exported by Kodi that makes Emby mess up the alphabetical order in the movie page after a library files scan:

find /my/movie/folder/ -name *.nfo -type f -print0 | xargs -0 sed -i 's/<sorttitle>[0-9]/<sorttitle>/g'

Change /my/movie/folder/ to whatever is applicable in your case. This command will recursively find all NFO's in /my/movie/folder and edit each problem NFO in place changing, as an example, <sorttitle>3</sorttitle> to <sorttitle></sorttitle>. Saves the hassle of editing the NFO's individually especially with a large collection of movies. I love the power of linux :)

But I definitely vote for an option to lock the sort title from the web interface, or ignore that section from the NFO. Much better.

Hope that helps someone.

Cheers

Edited by nanouk76