Upcoming - Where does the data come from?

grimbouk

grimbouk

Hi all,

I've just set up an MB3 server and trying to work my way through the features.

I'm trying to work out how to configure "Upcoming" to show things relevant to me. I can't seem to find out where this is managed from? Currently it's showing upcoming information for US show airings, as I'm in the UK this is not much good to me ;)

Where does it pick this information up from? And can I make it pick up UK airings somehow? I've setup NextPVR as well, so pulling from the EPG would be good enough for me.

thanks

Tim

Koleckai Silvestri

As far as I am aware, it pulls it from thetvdb.com based on the series in your library. In my experience it pulls the actual schedule from the country of origin. So if you have US series, you will get US times. I get Canadian times for Canadian series and UK times for UK series.

grimbouk

thanks Wayne, yeah, I think I can see what it's doing now.

That's a bit of a shame, I can see the limitations. I still think it'd be awesome if the data could be pulled from the LiveTV Guide if it's setup. I guess that'd be a low priority feature though.

I wonder if a plugin could be written to do that?

• 6 months later...

Is there a chance to realize to get upcoming episodes maybe from dvblink plugin and his epg data or from media center epg?

So i can get upcoming from German TV.

Edited by TeHaX

• 3 months later...