"insert specials within season they aired in" not working.

Mkilbride

Mkilbride

I have all my media configured correctly according to TVDB.  Folder structure is fine. I've tried renaming them to "Season 00" like some recommended instead of Specials. No luck. I tried turning the option off, saving, then on again and saving.

It doesn't appear to be working for any series at all except for one, Shiki.  I've also tried to edit their metadata to insert them into a season in a specific place, but nothing happens.

Hi.  Can we please look at the specifics from an example?

Thanks.

Mkilbride

Cells At Work.  My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU!, Fate / Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works.  Fate / Zero.

What is truly odd is that, I know for a fact Fate / Zero used to insert it's specials into where they should be...but they no longer do for no reason I can understand.

Hi.  We need to see specific file names and folder structure, metadata editor field values and then what you end up seeing in the web app.

Thanks.

Mkilbride

https://imgur.com/a/jekSA4F

Here's a gallery of what I think is the relevant information you asked for.  In the past, before I named everything correctly(Using TinyMediaManager, as per the suggestion of users here), it put them right after 13 - which is where they'd normally be watched. However now, for some reason they appear that.

I also used to be able to place it manually by right clicking on metadata editor and placing it where I wanted it.

Hold up. I just hit "Search for all missing Metadata" and it worked. I first tried deleting all the .NFOs, refreshing, seeing if that fixed. It didn't. I then hit refresh metadata - that did it. THEN I decided to try refresh another series metadata - that had the NFOs...and that worked as well.  Gotta try it with all my other series now.

*It seems for the majority that worked.

Edited by Mkilbride

crusher11

In those screenshots, you have the special airing before episode -1 of season -1, which wouldn't even exist. That's why it wasn't working.

Fill in those details correctly and it should work fine.

Mkilbride

In those screenshots, you have the special airing before episode -1 of season -1, which wouldn't even exist. That's why it wasn't working.

Fill in those details correctly and it should work fine.

Problem is a lot of these seem to default to that.

Happy2Play

Only thing I can think of is bad TVDB metadata at the time.  I tested the special in post 5 and got the proper airs before numbers.