Can't see server in VLC

kcranky

kcranky

Hi

I have Emby 4.4.2.0 running alongside pihole on an installation of DietPi on a Raspberry Pi 3b+. Recently, I updated PiHole, the emby server and diet pi.

Since then I have been unable to browse the DLNA server in VLC on my Windows 10 machine, which is what I've been doing to watch files the server can't transcode.

I only want to access Emby on my local network, if that makes any difference. 

Hi, do you have other dlna clients you're able to test and compare with? For example have you tried windows media player?

kcranky

I didn't think to check WMP! Silly me.

The files do show up in Windows Media Player.

Uninstalling VLC and reinstalling (3.0.10, 64 bit) doesn't seem to solve the problem. 
I get a "upnp search timeout" in the logs.

Is there anything else I might be able to to try other than trying previous releases to find a working one? Or is it likely to be something else and not VLC itself.

Thanks for your help so far.

kcranky

Completely removing VLC and reinstalling seems to have worked. I think it might have been an issue with Windows Firewall, that went awry when doing the VLC auto-update previously.

Thank you for your help and your time!

• 2 years later...
sabriisci

I've been using Emby since 4 years and today when I was watching movie from Chromecast with VLC movie suddenly stopped and when I came back to the computer to check if anything wrong emby was working. Looked for google to check and tried turn off windows firewall, windows settings etc. and do you know what's the problem? 

My Emby Media server on computer updated itself automatically and  DLNA setting is turned off automatically. 

If someone has the same problem go and check your DLNA setting on your media server :)

I never thought that setting would be an issue since It was already turned on before update.

Edited by sabriisci

13 minutes ago, sabriisci said:

I've been using Emby since 4 years and today when I was watching movie from Chromecast with VLC movie suddenly stopped and when I came back to the computer to check if anything wrong emby was working. Looked for google to check and tried turn off windows firewall, windows settings etc. and do you know what's the problem? 

My Emby Media server on computer updated itself automatically and  DLNA setting is turned off automatically. 

If someone has the same problem go and check your DLNA setting on your media server :)

I never thought that setting would be an issue since It was already turned on before update.

Hi, yes in Emby Server 4.7 it is off by default and you'll need to enable it.