Missing movie/show/episode scanner

NakedPirate

NakedPirate

I'd like to see a scanner for missing movies and shows, similar to the "missing movie scanner" in Kodi which matches the library and every folder.
It's nearly impossible to count all episodes and folders with subtitle and other files and stuff with regular resources.

Thanx

NakedPirate

definition of missing

Missing in the database, but possibly existing in any folder.

A list of files of specific format, which are not in the database but in the stated folders, because of mishaps in moviedb or tvdb, misspellings and inconsistencies.

The library scan is intended to import all of your files into the database. Once this process completes, it thinks everything is present. So taking that into consideration, how would it know if a file is missing?

NakedPirate

What happens if a folder has the wrong name or a file no extension or wrong extension? I still have to check what happens if I put a movie file in a folder with pic content or something like this. Does emby include it nevertheless?
Maybe you can check for files which couldn't be scraped by one of your scrapers or seperate files with local *.nfo...
E.g., I misspelled an old *.avi as*.srt in a batch rename, which I could find only by chance afterwards.

Maybe you can check for files which couldn't be scraped

Yes that is possible.