Android TV Transcoding because of ContainerBitrateExceedsLimit

grudi

grudi

Hi 

I just moved from Plex to Emby and I like it very much. I'm running Emby Theater on a Sony Bravy AG9 TV with an Emby Server on a QNAP NAS. The TV is connected via WIFI through Unifi AP's.  Networks speed through the WIFI to the NAS is 300Mb/s (measured).

However, the app is transcoding a movie and not playing it directly, but it should in my oppinion. See attached log file.

BTW: I can only set the network to 100Mb/s. I don't want to set this limit at all. It should be open or I should be able to change it to whatever value is supported in my network. 

On my Windows PC on a Gb Network the max value I can set in Emby Theater is 140Mb/s, which is kind of weird. This is an i7-7700K (4.2GHz) with a Radon Pro 580 that I'm using to postprocess 4k movies with Davinci Resolve. It should basically transcode and encode whatever comes along. 

Would be great if sombody can look into this transcoding issue on my Android TV Emby Theater. 

Cheers & Thx,

grudi

Hi.  Do you have the app video bitrate set to "Auto"?  This will default to 80Mb/s on that device (which is still quite a ways over what the specs of the device say it will support).   Realize that it isn't just about bandwidth but also the ability for the end device to handle a particular bitrate.

You can try setting the app to a higher limit but you may start to see stuttering.

grudi

Hi.  Do you have the app video bitrate set to "Auto"?  This will default to 80Mb/s on that device (which is still quite a ways over what the specs of the device say it will support).   Realize that it isn't just about bandwidth but also the ability for the end device to handle a particular bitrate.

You can try setting the app to a higher limit but you may start to see stuttering.

Hi,

Thx for your answer.  The max setting I can apply is 100Mb/s as per my previous note. When playing the movie from a USB 3 HDD it works fine. 

So it can't be the particular high bit rate. It has to do with the video bit rate that I can't set over 100Mb/s in the Emby App on the Sony TV. Kodi for example can play this movie.

In the log you sent, the setting was on 80Mb/s and the content is just over that.

• 3 weeks later...
grudi

Indeed. I managed to get around this by instructing the system to not transcode.

Indeed. I managed to get around this by instructing the system to not transcode.

Just realize the impact of doing that.

Thanks.