Anyone recomment an Uninstall to refresh

cappa.dot

cappa.dot

I have been using Emby for many years and have recently subscribed to premiere for the hardware transcoding. I thought about doing a refresh as I have upgraded for so many years I am sure along the way I have old .db files and clutter. Sometimes I get the odd bug e.g. adding a new series gives and error and nothing in the pulldown menu (have to select movie and then back to populate). Would the best way be an uninstall and fresh install on my DS416Plus?

I know I have the back up file to restore everything but will an uninstall remove foldersd and traces of previous clutter or am I wasting my time?

@@FrostByte do you know if the uninstall clears out the program data folder? We're actually not able to do that on some Nas devices.

FrostByte

I've uninstalled once and it wiped out the db, collections, playlists, cached folders, bifs, etc.  It's been almost a year since I did that though.  I had everything backed-up I wanted to keep

I really didn't check to see if everything was cleaned up though, just know I pretty much started fresh except for the things I wanted