Emby app starts on its own

Loke

andrew0404

The app will open seeming randomly.  I just had it open about 10 times in a row.  My kids are preparing for a trip and had been downloading things to watch so on a hunch I talked with them and one of them was adding/removing downloads at that time.  My guess is that the server is pinging all of the clients when a download action is initiated?  They were NOT downloading to my device.

Doing some quick tests, from the server I created a download to my device, and emby started on my device.  That's not a big deal since it is to my device.  Adding a download to another device did NOT open the app on my device.  However removing the download from the other device via the server from their device DID open the app on my device.

Seems to only affect the Android client.  My child with an iPhone has not noticed the problem.

Hope that helps.

Edited by andrew0404
Additional Information

• 2 weeks later...
Aidenir1

I'm still seeing this issue on version 3.1.23, for which the change notes said it would be fixed (kudos for including actual change notes and not just the crappy "we're continuously making your experience worse by removing everything you like and introducing new bugs...", but that's besides the point.) Seeing as this bug causes the app to behave like malware I'd say I'm really surprised it hasn't been fixed after more than two months... If this type of bug were to happen with any of the startups I've worked at everyone would be working night and day until it was fixed.

ghostv22
On 6/22/2020 at 12:38 PM, Luke said:

Hi, what exactly started happening?

Still happening 

Just starts emby randomly and sits at the user selection page

Thanks for confirming. It will be resolved in the next app update, which we're working on.

ghostv22
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Thanks for confirming. It will be resolved in the next app update, which we're working on.

Thanks 

:D

• 2 weeks later...

If you need immediate relief, please see here:

Just keep in mind it is a test build and may introduce other issues.

4 hours ago, markle88 said:

It's happening again.

Check the version of the app and let us know what version you have installed.

It's fixed in the .24 versions above so try installing that.

But be aware it's "upgrades" to the .23 version so maybe turn off auto updates for now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

That is a little bit strange, like those virus apps that are appearing on the screen randomly. I think that you may have a virus inside your phone so it is opening emby randomly as other apps. Also it may be problems with the app but I am not sure about that, because I never faced things like this. So the only things you can do is to uninstall and install the app again or just try to clear the entire system on your phone and it may work properly after that. I had the same problem and the https://clubvip777.com/web/happyluke/ was opening randomly on my phone. The app was not viruses so I had problems with the phone system and I just rebooted it.

Edited by Heatlsh