iOS app improvement thoughts

Ajmartin001

Ajmartin001

Hello - sorry I’m a newbie to the forums and Emby, having used Plex for years and being fed up with Plex adding in all new random ad-supported features which never wanted! Emby was a breath of fresh air for the customisability (if that’s a word, which I don’t think it is!). 

I downloaded the iOS app and noticed some design issues I wanted to flag - is there somewhere better to flag these? Namely:

IPadOS - Can’t switch to TV shows from Movies button on the bottom ‘dock’ 

Is there a way/ can there be a way to change the order of the bottom docks icons - eg I don’t personally care about downloads so would be handy to have a way of changing the order of these. 

Found some issues on non-button enabled iOS devices where the horizontal ‘home’ bar used by apple to swipe to go to the home screen gets in the way of the bottom bar

The bottom dock bar also looks a but too small  - and a little too small to press sometimes. 

iOS icon image when app is installed is bigger than the icon frame and looks different compared to the App Store icon

These are just my personal subjective thoughts but I love the customisation options in the server. I also appreciate Emby is newer than Plex and not had the time to mature apps as much. 

IPadOS - Can’t switch to TV shows from Movies button on the bottom ‘dock’ 

Hi there, can you explain this a bit more? Thanks.

Is there a way/ can there be a way to change the order of the bottom docks icons - eg I don’t personally care about downloads so would be handy to have a way of changing the order of these. 

Not currently, but it's planned for the future.

The bottom dock bar also looks a but too small  - and a little too small to press sometimes. 

Have you checked out apple's music app? Theirs is actually smaller.

Ajmartin001

Have you checked out apple's music app? Theirs is actually smaller.

True - I think it’s more on my phone the iPhone horizontal bar overlaps the icons So it looks more cramped. Is this

post-649180-0-38425800-1589179664_thumb.png

Ajmartin001

Hi there, can you explain this a bit more? Thanks.

Sure - on the iPhone Emby when you hit the movies button on the bottom dock you can switch in the next menu that opens to tv shows (or another library). On iPadOS this option isn’t available. Happy to show screenshots if it helps?

Not currently, but it's planned for the future.

Awesome, thanks! :)