problem with extracting images

lain

Hello everyone,

I have a little problem with media browser. the software didn't extract automatically images from videos anymore.

I edit my movies and series with metabrowser so no worries about that. But lately, when I add docs or sports videos(that so I do not edit manually) it didn't extract image file to dress the interface anymore ... By cons, it appears, and therefore perfectly extract the images to illustrate the chapters.

If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears! Thank you in advance.

P.S.: I am under mediabrowser 3(server + classic) and windows 7 64bits

P.P.S.: Sorry for my english -_- 

Do you have the Screen Grabber image fetcher enabled for those specific types? (Server Dashboard->Metadata->Services->[type of item]->Image Fetchers)

how about if you view the item in the web interface -> click edit -> cilck refresh

I refresh item with the option "refresh all data and images" but in images ->browse images no images appears.

well browse images is online images, which there might be none, so that's ok. have you checked the server log for failures?

I have 3 installation folders of ffmpeg (C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ffmpeg). Is it normal?

Happy2Play

I believe so.

dated

Ok thank you. No trouble about that? So there is no chance that this could create conflicts?

An other debug log file after to have refresh a file:

server-63540438868.txt

Edited by lain

yes, I even delete the folders from the library and then I put them again with other specific types, screen grabber or image extractor enable each time for each type of media. Then I rescan the library but nothing, images still don't appear.

Deathsquirrel

If your videos are MP4 it's a known issue that hasn't yet been fixed in the beta releases.  I reported it a couple of weeks ago.  MKVs don't have the issue I reported so if you are using those then you are seeing something different than what I reported.

If it's the same issue you'll also notice that you have the correct number of chapters detected but the chapter start times are all set to -00:01 after the first chapter.

The problem is that the chapter images extraction work perfectly. It's just for main thumb that doesn't work. And two weeks ago, everything worked perfectly for all my videos. I guess that an update has a bit of a mess. Yet, i only update with release version.

I also already tried emptying all the caches manually but nothing... Others ideas?

Thank for your help guys.

Edited by lain