Implement a look and feel in music player

EZEd

EZEd

The guys in the Web App CSS thread are working on this and have it working for the Web App.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/86062-about-the-music-player-screen-embyserver-4420/

Is it possible to provide a general look and feel like this for the other clients (specifically Android TV, Roku, Theater, Smart TVs, Apple TV and XBox)?  This is what I would like for the presentation in the music player to be on clients as well.  Is there a way to bring customization to the look and feel of the music player more like it was in Emby for WMC? It was more akin to what these guys are doing in the Web App. The fact that currently in the clients the album cover art totally overlays the artist background image is mostly counter-productive from a visual presentation appeal standpoint.  If the view could be customized would be great, but in lieu of customization, at least reduce the size of the album cover art and move it to the top left or right corner out of the way of the background image. If the backdrops are rotating during album play you really can't see what's going on in the background because the cover art image is so big and up front. I understand that dynamic customization might be difficult in the clients but please consider settling toward a more "out of the way" presentation for music player.

Credit to the guys in the thread above for showing us what can be done.  But it doesn't help us folks much that are not using Web App as our primary viewing source and interface, since CSS can't be implemented on hard coded clients.

Thx

EZEd

• Like 3

Hi.  The Android TV and Roku players already go into a "screen saver" or playback mode that fades out the album art and shows the artist background more.

EZEd

Hey ebr, do we have to manually turn screensaver on to get this or does it default to this style? I'll check again, but seems like mine keeps the cover art up front. I admit right now, I am more dependent on my Samsung Smart TV app because it is the most convenient and center piece for family viewing in our house.  It is our main go to device and I know for sure it does not have this capability.  I'll check Android and Roku and let you know what I see.  But again, if this behavior could be brought to all clients it would be most appreciated.

And I have to put another plug in for music visualizations again, with Milkdrop being the preferred solution on all client platforms. We really miss being able to give more visual appeal to our music listening experience.  Just asking

Thx

Ed