Metadata Manager

Bert
Go to solution Solved by Bert,

Bert

How do I get the metadata manager to stop thinking a folder is a movie and realize it's a television show?  It's in a folder marked mixed but the software is convinced that 20/20 is a movie.

• Solution
Bert

Figured it out, stupid user.  MCEBuddy failed to create season folders for some and that made it appear as a movie.  Adding season folder fixed it.

• Like 1

Bert

Except that MCE Buddy maybe doesn't make folders for seasons so I will have to manually do it or figure something else out.

do you really need the mixed folder type? that might be something to look at.

do you really need the mixed folder type? that might be something to look at.

I don't think that will help as you still need a season folder for our resolver to recognize a TV series.

Bert

Yeah, I don't need the folder type but will work on seeing if it's possible to get MCE Buddy to sort to season folders as I thought it did at one point.  I record OTA and have for years tried to find a way to integrate into MB (while also eliminating commercials).  I have DVRMSToolbox as well which I think would probably work but would complicate it more because the files would need renamed and the commercials file DVRMSTB creates would also have to be renamed.     

psykix

Yeah, I don't need the folder type but will work on seeing if it's possible to get MCE Buddy to sort to season folders as I thought it did at one point.  I record OTA and have for years tried to find a way to integrate into MB (while also eliminating commercials).  I have DVRMSToolbox as well which I think would probably work but would complicate it more because the files would need renamed and the commercials file DVRMSTB creates would also have to be renamed.     

It appears that it will do season folders, see this page for naming convention :-

https://mcebuddy2x.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=MCEBuddy%20Advanced%20Commands