Video but audio hangs when jumping around

jriker1

jriker1

Have 4k HEVC UHD content.  It seems to have a problem on a new NVidia Shield TV Pro model when I jump around.  So if I startup the movie and jump forward to a later part and let it continue playing it will sit there on the screen and not move but the audio will continue.  If I back it up a bit and let it play it will continue and play thru that "hung" section without issue. It was not transcoding, or wasn't when the video started.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

JR

Hi.   Sometimes with high-bitrate content it can just take a bit for everything to catch up when you seek quickly.  If you wait a few seconds, doesn't the video start going?

jriker1

I can try again but after about 15 seconds the audio was still playing and the video wasn't.  This is also 17.5 mb/s content.  Not sure if that's high bitrate.

Edited by jriker1

jriker1

Yeah I've tried a few and it seems like it does come back though it could sit there for 15 seconds or so while the audio goes and the video doesn't.  Odd part is it will only do it sometimes, not everytime I do jumps around the videos.