Ubuntu Library Help Please

Geekois

Geekois

When i look on folder the name is /media/ubuntu/56b2b792-4157-49cb-ad53-89f406094c00/Emby/Films$ when i enter this say path not found... i have read on other thread is the permission i not have how i can set this ?

When i look the permission of Emby it's root when i change group to emby have the same error path not found

Edited by Geekois

Geekois

Not sure if im ok i have type ls -s + directory in terminal and i have recive this...

ubuntu@linux:~$ ls -s /media/ubuntu/56b2b792-4157-49cb-ad53-89f406094c00/Emby/Films
total 1437836
1437836 'En Avant (2020).mkv'
ubuntu@linux:~$

Edited by Geekois

mark-in-dallas

I'm still a Linux noob, but I don't think the Emby directory or config folder should be on a different mount.  The media files can be located anywhere, but I believe that the Emby directory and configuration files are installed to, and should be located in /var/lib/emby

Geekois

I don't can use my default sdd for my library not have space for that

mark-in-dallas

You media library can be on any drive, mount point or directory as long as you are able to navigate to it in the Manage Emby Server Library section,  The Emby installation directory and configuration folder should be installed to and located in /var/lib/emby. 

mastrmind11

this is wrong /media/ubuntu/56b2b792-4157-49cb-ad53-89f406094c00/Emby/Films

properly mount your media using a mount point, the disk uuid should not come into play if you are doing anything remotely close to correct.  there are tons of info on how to mount a remote drive in linux.  try one, link the guide, and come back with questions.  Linux is not windows, so just clicking around isn't going to get you much.

Geekois

my media is mount i can navigate in just emby dont can acess

Edited by Geekois

mark-in-dallas

You stated that you could not find the config directory.  I told you where it was located and you didn't listen.  mastermind11 told you your media drive was not correctly mounted, and again you are not listening.  It does not mean anything that you can access a drive or mount point if the emby account cannot.  Your best bet would be to look for the config folder in the directory where I told you it was located, and to properly mount the media storage drive as mastermind11 told you.

But, just for grins navigate to your media directory in the terminal and type in ls -l and post the output so we can take a look at permissions.  Then also type in id emby and post the output, because there is no way the emby user account should be root.

To properly mount the drive, you can undo whatever it is that you did, then go to /etc/fstab and edit the file to add this below the last line:     

#Emby Storage Mount

UUID=56b2b792-4157-49cb-ad53-89f406094c00  /Emby ext4 defaults 0 2

This is for a drive formatted as ext4.  If your drive is formatted as NTFS, then you would change the ext4 to ntfs.  You can also assign the userid and usergroup the drive is assigned to in fstab as well as to define other information, but it is not necessary and the line that I gave you should work fine.  From there you can assign Emby as the owner of the drive and usergroup in the mount properties in your file explorer.

Edited by mark-in-dallas